How many Drinks did I have on Package ????

Tedferg

We purchased the drinks package and enjoyed it. I would be curious to know how many drinks I had each day. Is there a way to get this info after a cruise ?

My guess is that Princess would see no value in sharing this information - for one thing it would probably confirm that Package is not worth it for DW.

Couple of pieces of trivia. My Sea Card became demagnetized and when I got a new one at Customer Service they duplicated my wife's instead of mine by mistake. I noticed this in the bar and

mentioned it to server, thinking it was not a problem. She pointed out that both of our orders would count against one 15 drink total.

One evening DW wanted a diet Gin & Tonic, regular drink was too sweet. However the Diet Tonic is only in a can and so there is a charge.

I almost always ask, especially on sea days, how many drinks I've had (hopefully discretely handled in front of wife.;p) when we go to Vines for pre dinner glasses of wine..I've certainly been surprised a couple of times...:cool:

We purchased the drinks package and enjoyed it. I would be curious to know how many drinks I had each day. Is there a way to get this info after a cruise ?

My guess is that Princess would see no value in sharing this information - for one thing it would probably confirm that Package is not worth it for DW.

Couple of pieces of trivia. My Sea Card became demagnetized and when I got a new one at Customer Service they duplicated my wife's instead of mine by mistake. I noticed this in the bar and

mentioned it to server, thinking it was not a problem. She pointed out that both of our orders would count against one 15 drink total.

One evening DW wanted a diet Gin & Tonic, regular drink was too sweet. However the Diet Tonic is only in a can and so there is a charge.

Could you have asked for a gin in one glass and the tonic water in another (stating you like to mix it yourself) or would you have still been charged?

You can only order one drink at a time so trying to order a glass of tonic and a shot of gin separate may not work. Interesting technique however. The drink package does not cover canned soft drinks now so you would be charged for the diet tonic. The only time we have had the big boy drink package was with a S'n'S sale as we don't drink enough to make it reasonably cost effective. Now if I was just 20 something again.

Someone noted that they definitely know how many drinks you have ordered. I just wondered if that was the voice of experience talking. :D

is this a lug wrench?...maybe...;p

I did buy the PBP on our last 7 day cruise - using a OBC obtained from our 'move over' offer we quickly accepted...

I would almost always order a bottle of Perrier or Peligrino (sp) water with a beer, or even Wine to sip on...

was only charged once during the cruise for the 'second' drink and that happened at the seaview bar area when I had a server come by and take my order as I had a nice table and didn't want to risk getting up and losing it

never at vines, never at the pool bar, not even on Princess Cay:cool:

Could you have asked for a gin in one glass and the tonic water in another (stating you like to mix it yourself) or would you have still been charged?

It was noisy in Crooners and we did not understand what server was saying, so in the confusion just went ahead with standard G&T. They explained next day, when it was quiet, that Diet Tonic only comes in a can, so it would have been charged either way.

people pay me, very well I might add, to count for them for my living...

when on board, I pay other people, again very well, to keep up with that...and "oops" sometimes they might miss ringing one up...;p

i find it interesting that since its only available as a can, they wanted to charge you. i just got off CB friday.. drank stoli/redbull the whole cruise. glass was always served with the vodka and can brought with it. sometimes opened and poured, sometimes not. i was never charged for the can of redbull

Why not count the drinks as you have them. If you can't remember perhaps you drank too much. Or maybe cut a finger off for every drink you have.

We drink a little more

when travelling with our friends.

My rule of thumb is two beers when back aboard, G&T before dinner, two glasses of Wine with dinner then cocktail at show and / or final night cap. Makes PBP worthwhile for me.

This was a port intensive cruise with some early starts / early nights and so we did not keep up with above rule of thumb. The question is idle curiosity after the fact on my part.

We drink a little more

when travelling with our friends.

My rule of thumb is two beers when back aboard, G&T before dinner, two glasses of Wine with dinner then cocktail at show and / or final night cap. Makes PBP worthwhile for me.

This was a port intensive cruise with some early starts / early nights and so we did not keep up with above rule of thumb. The question is idle curiosity after the fact on my part.

Seems like a good schedule to me.....:D:D:D

Bob

i find it interesting that since its only available as a can, they wanted to charge you. i just got off CB friday.. drank stoli/redbull the whole cruise. glass was always served with the vodka and can brought with it. sometimes opened and poured, sometimes not. i was never charged for the can of redbull

The availability as a can restriction is for sodas. Redbull is not a soda.

The availability as a can restriction is for sodas.

So if you ask them to pour it from the can into a glass, is that not possible for any mixer soda? You’re technically not having the can :confused:.

My rule of thumb is two beers when back aboard, G&T before dinner, two glasses of Wine with dinner then cocktail at show and / or final night cap.

It's good to have goals.

I learned that in rehab.

/Captain Ron

So if you ask them to pour it from the can into a glass, is that not possible for any mixer soda? You’re technically not having the can :confused:.

Have had the PBP on three cruises since the change last fall.

Absolutely no problems getting the canned sodas poured in a cup, while they held the can for the balance.. Strange policy, easier to just give the can - but it's the same (or supposed to be) as soda and more package - root beer, orange soda, diet Sprite, etc are not available from the gun, so they're supposed to pour a glass of it upon request and save the can balance..

And it's been such on all three sailings, at different bars and different bartenders, different ships, etc. Absolutely no issue getting s glass of root beer or a glass of diet Sprite etc. Can't imagine why a pour of diet tonoc would be any different. . Except not all bartenders are of the same caliber or apparently up on all the ins and outs...

:-) I guess I should have said 'Ballpark Estimate' to see if PBP is worth it.

It was worth it to me as a perk under the Sip and Sail but certainly not worth it to me to purchase.

I meant it in a supportive way! :)

Rehab is for quitters.

No offense taken - it made me realize I had not said quite what I meant. :D

My question was out of curiosity, I felt we had not had as many drinks due to a few early nights and wondered if Princess would provide the information.

I don't imagine they would give you this information now after the fact. We had a server in Crooners on our last cruise on the Regal who at the end of every night would let each of our group of four how many drinks we had left. If we had a balance she would usually give us some bottles of water (good to reach the numbers and help offset the other drinks ;p;p;)). It kind of became our thing at the end of each night.

I don't imagine they would give you this information now after the fact. We had a server in Crooners on our last cruise on the Regal who at the end of every night would let each of our group of four how many drinks we had left. If we had a balance she would usually give us some bottles of water (good to reach the numbers and help offset the other drinks ;p;p;)). It kind of became our thing at the end of each night.

Water has nothing to do with the limit. I got San Pellegrino every night before bed and we got a water each when going ashore. Only alcoholic drinks count. If you want to "fill out" your drink package just grab a split of champagne each to take back to the cabin at the end of the night. It's nice to get OJ from room service and have morning Mimosas on the balcony. :)