Viator

Interesting--we also used them in Japan. Much like the cruise lines, they do not DO excursions on their own; they hire operators to run their excursions. We used shoretrips.com in Alaska--they had good prices there and great excursions. We looked at them in Europe and found prices outrageous. I've looked at Viator in several locations, but only used them in Japan. Generally their pricing is lower than the cruise line's but more than going directly with the operator.

I’ve used them many times. I have one booked in Ireland as part of our TransAtlantic voyage on the Regal in September. Typical Viator contracts through local tour operators. Never had any issues.

Have been looking into Berlin excursions whilst we are on Regal Princess next month. They are the cheapest option so far. Think we might take a chance - have spent a small fortune on some other tours with the ship - although have also seen fair prices for Berlin with SPB. Don't want to do the Princess excursion as we will have to spend up to 6 hours on a train with no air conditioning on what we hope will be a hot, sunny day [emoji6]. Decisions, decisions [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I much prefer booking a tour with the actual tour operator and not a consolidator like Viator. It's the same with hotels and airline tickets. I prefer buying from the airline or hotel site directly.

Different strokes!

I much prefer booking a tour with the actual tour operator and not a consolidator like Viator. It's the same with hotels and airline tickets. I prefer buying from the airline or hotel site directly.

Different strokes!

I agree ... I usually organize private tours (or join someone else’s) in most ports. But, when I can’t get that accomplished, for whatever reason, I’ve turned to Viator with good results.

I've used Viator for over 8 years all over Europe and the Caribbean. I've had some fantastic guides (especially for the Vatican tour) and some not-so-great tours (the tour operator they use in Zurich is not the best). We had a fantastic time on an ATV tour in St. Kitt's! On the whole, the tours have been exactly what is advertised and are usually much less than the cruise line's tours. Read the reviews on their website and go off of that.

Used them for a transport from the port to a hotel in Rome recently. A bit pricy, but you get what you pay for. The driver showed up on time, and drove us to where we wanted to go. He took a small detour to show us some sights.

Has anyone used Viator for cruise excursions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We used them once and NEVER again. Booked a tour in Pompeii was suppose to be a group of 8. Ended up with a full sized bus load. After a long day of walking tour (that we expected), had to walk another two blocks to wait for a bus to return to ship. Then bus did not return us anywhere near ship.

I realize many have had good service from them, but I generally find it better to book directly with the tour operator. I can find out exactly what I am getting and paying for, we have more chance to customize and I can check reviews directly. Since Viator acts as a middleman you never know for sure who will be operating the tour until they arrive.