Beverage Cards

galipemi

It has been a long while since I cruised with HAL but I'll be leaving on the Nieuw A this weekend and have a couple of questions.

What is the advantage of the Beverage card vs just paying with your room card? Other than not having to track all your receipts, which I'm too lazy to do anyways.

Also - if I buy a Beverage Card will it allow me to purchase cans of Coke or only fountain? I know there's a fountain soda card and I'd rather pay outright for the can. Fountain just isn't the same.

Thanks in advance!

You have the Beverage card figured out. It means that you don't need to worry about a bunch of charges on your account and don't need to worry about checking receipts.

If you buy the regular beverage card (not the soda card which does have a discount applied) you can indeed get cans of soda or any other type of beverage you want with it at any public bar on the ship. (Not able to use them when you disembark and they are selling water, pop or at HMC).

I love the Beverage cards. Once I get the new receipt, then I throw away the old one. That way I don't have a ton of receipts to keep track of at the end of the cruise.

Yes -- you can buy cans of soda with the Beverage Card.

We even buy bottles of wine with it.

If there is anything left on the card at the end of the cruise, it will be added back onto your shipboard account. Thus if there is anything left on your shipboard account, those monies will be credited back to your credit card.

If we purchase a $250.00 beverage card, do we need to carry it around with us and provide each time we purchase, or is it somehow part of our room card?

You have to carry the Beverage Card around with you and give it to the person who takes your drink order. They have to scan it in their computer.

The Signature Beverage Package is loaded onto your ID card.

Thanks everyone! I was just worried that they had restricted all the beverage cards to fountain soda so this is actually a relief. I think I will pre purchase one just to make double checking the full bill faster/easier.

One item to be aware, if you use your beverage card at Explorations Cafe, you do not get a Mariners discount.

Does that mean you do get a discount for all other drinks, probably depending on Mariner Status?

Does that mean you do get a discount for all other drinks, probably depending on Mariner Status?

No. 3/4/5 Star Mariners get discounts on beverages purchased ONLY at the Explorations Cafe (other than wine packages). If a 3/4/5 Star Mariner used a Beverage Card to purchase their beverages at the Explorations Cafe, they would be charged the full cost of the beverage. If the same status Mariner used their room card, they would receive the appropriate discount because the discount is tied to the room card and not the beverage card.

It doesn't matter whether you purchase the Beverage Card before you cruise or once you get on the ship. There is no price difference.

If you purchase before the cruise, the card will be in your cabin when you board with the name of the person who purchased it.

If you want to wait until you are on the ship to buy the card, you can go to the front desk and have them put your name on it.

Yes -- the same card can be used for both of you.

It has been a long while since I cruised with HAL but I'll be leaving on the Nieuw A this weekend and have a couple of questions.

What is the advantage of the Beverage card vs just paying with your room card? Other than not having to track all your receipts, which I'm too lazy to do anyways.

Also - if I buy a Beverage Card will it allow me to purchase cans of Coke or only fountain? I know there's a fountain soda card and I'd rather pay outright for the can. Fountain just isn't the same.

Thanks in advance!

I bought a $50 beverage card for $25 for my upcoming cruise!

I bought a $50 beverage card for $25 for my upcoming cruise!

How did you get that?

Funcorn has bought a soda card I am sure. It only allows the purchase of soda - not all the beverages on board. ;)

Funcorn has bought a soda card I am sure. It only allows the purchase of soda - not all the beverages on board. ;)

Even more specific, just fountain soda, although I’ve read some posts on here where folks said they were given a can.

How did you get that?

Go to HAL website and under the place where you order drinks/beverages, they had a $50 beverage card for $25--just checked and it's for soda fountain drinks only. Oh well, that's ok with me.