while docked in Barcelona is ship on Port or Starboard side

chop27

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a guarantee as to which way in the ship will be docked.

Parsley is correct, no guarantee but our last two cruises have begun and ended in Barcelona and each time, the dock was on the starboard side.

Port view:

enhance

Starboard view:

enhance

I'm not sure if the question was asked to see if there was a better view on one side of the ship or the other when the ship gets to or leaves the port of Barcelona, but just be aware that in some ports, one ship may pull straight into the dock to face one way, and others may turn around to face the direction in which they came. This seems to be especially true if the ship will be going back out the same way, which is common. As you can see in the photos posted above, in Barcelona (and in many other large cities), the view isn't all that great on one side of the ship or the other. However, I guess knowing which side of the ship you'll be likely entering/departing might be slightly useful for other purposes.

Ok. Our TA. Port side had 1 dock. Starboard had 2. Including Barcelona. As in facing the dock. Not necessarily the nice side. But we didn’t spend much time looking. Barcelona itself. Check pics above. They show the look perfectly.