Spirit Class Extended Balconies

rlkubi

All, we had an extended balcony on 6th floor on the Pride recently and wasn't happy with the view. Blocked view to front because of inset and below because of lifeboats. We are going on a full transit Panama Canal cruise next year on the Miracle and have a similar room on that and are worried. I'm being told that we can't move forward more because it is a downgrade. Any comments from anyone who has done a Panama Canal cruise or another cruise and was happy with these rooms?

Thanks!

We are just off the Miracle and had that kind of balcony on deck 7. While not our favorite we don't feel it impacted our fun cruise. Some years ago we did a partial transit of the Canal and think you will just fine with an extended balcony.

Enjoy.

All, we had an extended balcony on 6th floor on the Pride recently and wasn't happy with the view. Blocked view to front because of inset and below because of lifeboats. We are going on a full transit Panama Canal cruise next year on the Miracle and have a similar room on that and are worried. I'm being told that we can't move forward more because it is a downgrade. Any comments from anyone who has done a Panama Canal cruise or another cruise and was happy with these rooms?

Thanks!

The view down to the water is one reason we book regular balcony cabins on deck 7 on Spirit class ships. I can stand at the railing and stare down at the ocean for long periods of time. I find it so relaxing.

As Stargate says, some people desire the ability look straight down off their balcony railing and look at the water against the ship. Extended balconies on the Spirit Class are not a good choice.

Those that want to look straight forward and back along the side of the ship will also find the Extended balconies on the Spirit Class a poor choice.

I find the view perfectly fine as if I'm sitting in a chair/lounger, I can't see straight down or along the side of the ship anyway. If I'm standing, I'm not looking straight down or along the sides of the ship - I'm looking straight out as I don't need to crane my head in an odd position to get a good view of the ocean or see what is ahead of (or behind) the ship.

Personal preferences will dictate the choice you make.

Just want to say "hi". We will be on the Miracle cruise with you. We were on the Miracle when she came through the canal a few years ago but we had a regular balcony so can't comment on the ones you are mentioning. We had a 4K between lifeboats on our last Miracle cruise. Hope to see you on the ship!

I have been in an extended balcony. Looking down on another deck or life boats doesn't bother me as l am at least a couple of decks above them and I made sure to book more in the middle of the inset so then the cabins that jutted out didn't bother me either. I wouldn't be happy being right next to or real close to those cabins.

I have been in an extended balcony. Looking down on another deck or life boats doesn't bother me as l am at least a couple of decks above them and I made sure to book more in the middle of the inset so then the cabins that jutted out didn't bother me either. I wouldn't be happy being right next to or real close to those cabins.

I agree the middle of the inset is the best. If you book on either end your view will be dramatically curtailed in one direction you are butted up against. You won't be able to see directly into water but close enough since you are higher up. Room 6232 is nicely in the middle and has the awesome triple length balcony ;)

We normally get a regular balcony cabin, and have only had the extended balcony once. I just wanted to note one of the major positives I found with the extended balcony besides the extra balcony space, which was very nice, especially for a longer cruise itinerary.

I noticed that the extended balconies are less windy, probably because they sit back from the side of the ship. We had our extended balcony for the 15 day Hawaii itinerary..lots of sea days.

My husband had the same view complaints many are mentioning, but honestly because I spend so much time on the balcony I really noticed a huge difference with the wind. It really didn't register with me until we went back to the regular balcony for our last 7 day Mexico cruise. I spent way less time on the balcony because I found the wind so annoying. I really missed having the extended balcony.

We actually changed to 5110 instead (extended balcony in front of ship). Any comments on that room?

I've stayed in this room twice on the Pride. It's a great room, though you do hear the music coming up from the shows at night. The balcony is very large and nice, it has a lounge chair. However, you are very close to the front of the ship and right below the bridge. I could see up into the bridge, but that also meant they could see me :o I will say that those balconies at the very front can be quite windy. I would stay in one of these rooms in a heartbeat again!

We normally get a regular balcony cabin, and have only had the extended balcony once. I just wanted to note one of the major positives I found with the extended balcony besides the extra balcony space, which was very nice, especially for a longer cruise itinerary.

I noticed that the extended balconies are less windy, probably because they sit back from the side of the ship. We had our extended balcony for the 15 day Hawaii itinerary..lots of sea days.

My husband had the same view complaints many are mentioning, but honestly because I spend so much time on the balcony I really noticed a huge difference with the wind. It really didn't register with me until we went back to the regular balcony for our last 7 day Mexico cruise. I spent way less time on the balcony because I found the wind so annoying. I really missed having the extended balcony.

Very good point! I never really thought about it but there was minimal wind on my cruise last week on the Miracle with the extended balcony.