Port O' Call

Ronn452

Good Evening!

I have a question for the locals. My wife and I love N'awlins. I have recently heard of a place that serves great hamburgers and cold beer; call the Port of Call. It is somewhere in the Quarter. Anyone have any information or first-hand knowledge of this place and where to find it? My wife and son will be there in three weeks for another cruise (I'm somewhere else in the sand) and I thought I would email them to try this place out, if the reviews are good.

Thanks!

Captain Ronn

Port Of Call is a classic New Orleans dive. It has been there longer than anyone can remember and does serve great burgers and cold beer.

It's in the 800 block of Esplanade, on the northern edge of the French Quarter. Just walk down Bourbon to Esplanade and take a left.

Starting from Pat O'Brien's, which is in the middle of the Quarter in the 600 block of Bourbon, it would be about eight short blocks.

Love eating there! The burgers are HUGE, I mean HUGE! I usually split one w/my daughter. We get a baked potato - I don't even think they serve fries? Or maybe the potatoes are so good, I just never thought about fries? [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

It's truly a hole-in-the-wall, but your wife & son will leave there feeling anything but hungry!

Festivale 1987
Carnivale 1988
Mardi Gras 1989
Pacific Princess 1990
Norway 1994
Holiday 2001
Holiday 2002
Holiday 2003

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived