So frustrated with dive companies to the underwater sculptures

mitsugirly

We like to do a Discover Scuba Dive at least once on each cruise...thanks to our daughter who developed a love for diving about a year and a half ago.

Here's the problem always finding a company to dive with:

We have to do the DSC because we are not certified AND our daughter is not 10 years old yet.

BUT...

She has been taking diving classes for about 1 1/2 years and became a certified PADI Seal diver (for those that are ages 8-10) back in October 2016. She has actually completed all of her "aquamissions" and is actually repeating them...just to have something to do until she turns 10 and can become a junior diver. So she officially became a "Master PADI Seal" at the beginning of this year. She is AMAZING at diving and it's a passion of hers. She has been diving with us on each cruise and she has actually went down to around 30' so far (I know, not allowed for someone her age, but it happened).

So now...we will be cruising about 1 week before she turns 10 (and can "legally" do a DSD with us). However, we usually find someone that will allow her to go with us diving even if we don't go down that far.

This time around, we did find a vendor that would allow her to dive the underwater sculptures with us (they said it's only about 20') since she's just a week shy of turning 10, has a lot of experience, and is a master PADI seal.

BUT...now they won't answer us about booking!!!! I have contacted 5 times now with absolutely no response! It's frustrating. Why say "sure we'd be happy to take your family" only to never answer me again?

IF I'm forced to forego the diving, what vendor would you all recommend I use to go to the sculptures to snorkel? I'm just so heart broken at this point that she won't get to dive due to the lack of response. :mad:

We like to do a Discover Scuba Dive at least once on each cruise...thanks to our daughter who developed a love for diving about a year and a half ago.

Here's the problem always finding a company to dive with:

We have to do the DSC because we are not certified AND our daughter is not 10 years old yet.

BUT...

She has been taking diving classes for about 1 1/2 years and became a certified PADI Seal diver (for those that are ages 8-10) back in October 2016. She has actually completed all of her "aquamissions" and is actually repeating them...just to have something to do until she turns 10 and can become a junior diver. So she officially became a "Master PADI Seal" at the beginning of this year. She is AMAZING at diving and it's a passion of hers. She has been diving with us on each cruise and she has actually went down to around 30' so far (I know, not allowed for someone her age, but it happened).

So now...we will be cruising about 1 week before she turns 10 (and can "legally" do a DSD with us). However, we usually find someone that will allow her to go with us diving even if we don't go down that far.

This time around, we did find a vendor that would allow her to dive the underwater sculptures with us (they said it's only about 20') since she's just a week shy of turning 10, has a lot of experience, and is a master PADI seal.

BUT...now they won't answer us about booking!!!! I have contacted 5 times now with absolutely no response! It's frustrating. Why say "sure we'd be happy to take your family" only to never answer me again?

IF I'm forced to forego the diving, what vendor would you all recommend I use to go to the sculptures to snorkel? I'm just so heart broken at this point that she won't get to dive due to the lack of response. :mad:

To save any duplication of CC suggestions, please post those you did contact and then failed to respond.

Did you also consider a private charter? Again who did you contact?

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Addendum - private

To save any duplication of CC suggestions, please post those you did contact and then failed to respond.

I contacted Eco Dive-wouldn't take us

Dive Grenada-wouldn't take us

Native Spirit-WILL take us...but now won't answer.

I just have to add that I personally called Native Spirit today and spoke to the lady that had emailed me the first time. She instantly remembered me and my email and said she would book us. However, the connection was TERRIBLE and there was a lot of static and I didn't catch half of what she was trying to say. I do know she ask how many to book and the date and I did get out of her "is your email _____". I told her I was having a hard to hearing her and could she please correspond with me by email (I also let her know how many emails I had sent already and never got a response) and she said she would send me a confirmation. I STILL have not got that confirmation or a response from her....all day.

I'm getting very frustrated. :mad: