What to wear on Alaska cruise - Carnival Spirit

Don't know how to pack for a late May early June cruise.

Short sleaves and a light jacket?

Khaki pants and sweaters?

Any shorts?

How dressy is Carnival Spirit?

What about dinners? Is a nice long black skirt, silk tank and pashmina shawl ok or do I need to go dressier?

Never been cruising before. What about excursions? Are jeans ok then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by goingtoalaska:
Don't know how to pack for a late May early June cruise.

Short sleaves and a light jacket?

Khaki pants and sweaters?

Any shorts?

How dressy is Carnival Spirit?

What about dinners? Is a nice long black skirt, silk tank and pashmina shawl ok or do I need to go dressier?

Never been cruising before. What about excursions? Are jeans ok then?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi goingtoalaska! You will probably have a day or so that a short-sleeved blouse and a light jacket will be just fine, but keep in mind that it can rain with no notice, so have an umbrella or raingear handy too.

Khaki pants and sweaters: Great!!

Shorts: There will be the occasional person who wears shorts. If it's a sunny day, go for it. You just don't have to bring probably more than one pair.

Your long black skirt ensemble sounds just fine for formal nights. I wore a long velvet black skirt with a fancy two-set tank/jacket last year in May in Alaska.

For the other nights (whatever Carnival calls them... Princess calls them smart-casual) you can wear a nice pantsuit, or dress, or match up some nice slacks with a nice top, etc.... I think Carnival is about the same as the other mass-market cruiselines as far as dress requirements go. No jeans, etc... in the dining rooms at dinner. Oops, I forgot to add... yes, jeans are perfectly fine for your excursions!! You can get by with wearing them in Alaska easier than you could in the caribbean.

JJ
Caribbean Princess 5/1/04
Star Princess 5/24/03
Sun Princess 6/12/00
Carnival Fantasy 1/18/98

We went on our Alaskan cruise late May into the first of June also, and what i can say...is layer, layer, layers. There were days I kept on my longsleeves w/a jacket and then other times I was taking off the layers, as it got warm in the sun. I did not take any shorts, as I never needed them even while on ship. I wore skirts, slacks, etc... around the ship when inside. This was my fav cruise...have fun. Feel free to ask any other questions you might have.
HAVE FUN!!!!!

Kim
Dawn Princess
Regal Princess
Grand Princess
Mercury - Celebrity
Windward - NCL
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived