serenade Food? HOw is it

I have been cruising since 1978. I sailed the Serenade on June 4. It was a fantastic cruise experience but the food was the worst that I have ever had. The dining room is mediocre at best but the buffet is just bad. We ate in Chops one night; I had a fatty veal chop with a Bernaise that had separated.

Great ship but don't expect the food to be any better than you would find in an elementary school cafeteria.:(

We ate dinner in the dining room every night and thought that the food was very good.

Please understand that everyone on this board has their own opinion, and don't judge a ship by just one person's opinion (including mine).

We too were on the Serenade in April and the food was GOOD. My DH was in food service and can be picky. He was happy. Our assistant waiter was another story though unfortunately. . One night we ate in Portfinos and the steak was unbelievable..so delicious!!! Each to their own......

We sailed on the June 4 Serenade with a group of 13 and all of us were very happy with the food. I will admit that the buffet didn't change much but there was so much variety you could still find plenty to eat. We didn't eat at Chops or Portofinos but didn't have a desire too - we enjoyed the dining room experience every night.

I have been cruising since 1978. I sailed the Serenade on June 4. It was a fantastic cruise experience but the food was the worst that I have ever had. The dining room is mediocre at best but the buffet is just bad. We ate in Chops one night; I had a fatty veal chop with a Bernaise that had separated.

Great ship but don't expect the food to be any better than you would find in an elementary school cafeteria.:(

I do not eat in school cafeterai's but know the food we had on Serenade was not low quality at all, I never had one bad meal. No accounting for people's tastes:rolleyes: :p

My experience on the Serenade was fantastic! The food in the Windjammer was great and the dining room was great too. Sure3 it was mass produced food, but it really outstanding...

I ate in Chops one night and like a previous poster stated the food and service was worth many time the $20 I paid.

One final note...My experience on the Serenade is that the entire ship was about quality. I find it hard to believe that anyones entire dining experience was sub par...especially on that ship

Just plain dumb...:rolleyes:

We sailed on the Serenade on May 28th. The food in the dining room was excellent. I thought that it had improved since a previous trip in 2004. I think that it is a good idea to listen to your waiter's suggestions as they often know what is most successful. Our waiter consistently found beef done medium rare as we prefer it.

Food in the Windjammer included some Asian items that I did not remember from the Caribbean. They were an interesting change from the usual buffet fare.

After retiring from 40 years teaching in a public school, I think that I can guarantee that the worst meal on the Serenade is infinitely better than anything to be found in a school cafeteria. Actually, I think that you will find that the food compares very favorably with anything that is prepared in quantity for a banquet, wedding, etc. If you get something that you don't like, your waiter will get a replacement for you.

We were also on the Serenade on the June 4th cruise and felt that the food was very good. We ate in Chops one night and the service was excellent and the food was very good except my steak. My wife And I felt we should have just stayed in the dining room. Our waiters were the best and with a table of 12 that we had just met we had a wonderful time at the meals. Our waiter entertained us with magic tricks, puzzles, and fork tricks. We looked forward to the meals in the formal dining room. As others have said above eating in the Windjammer was fine as there were so many choices.

i know i'm not a picky eater so when someone says they are not a pciky eater and it sucked then you know you might have some problems..i always find it funny that people expect 5 start cusine on a ship that has to serve over 3,000 people.,.i just wanted to know you guys experience on the ship

it really wasn't that great. Some of the usual apps. were good but that is about it. We are not real picky eaters and understand this is a mass production but we were not thrilled at all.

We probably should have ate in the windjammer. Their salad selection was always very good.

Thought the food on the Serenade in dining room was ok, but not great. About average. But it didn't stop us from having a fabulous time. And our waiter and assistant waiter were worth going there, even if the food had been school cafeteria food. We did eat at Chops twice (first time one of the guys in our group got really sick--not from the food, though, so he had to go back to his cabin. The waiter boxed up his steak in case he wanted it later) We went back a second time so our friend could enjoy it. We also went to Portofino's and it was also very good.

The best RCCL food we ever had was on Legends going to the Mediterranean. Absolutely great food!!

We were on the serenade on the june 4th sailing. The worst breakfast buffet of any of the 5 cruises that we have been on. the main dining room dinner was very good. We also ate at chops and portifinos and the meals were good to very good, but the service and atmosphere in alternative dining was much better on our previous sailings with NCL and Carnival. everyone has their own likes and dislikes, just enjoy the cruise. We have never been on a cruise that we didn't throughly enjoy.

My girlfriend and I were on the Serenade in March this year and we found the food very good. The temperature was good, service was good, menu was good, we really can't complain about the food in the Windjammer and the main dining room. And yes, we both know how good food has to taste...

We were also on the June 4 sailing.

Dining Room - good food/good experience all around; no complaints here.

Seaview - very good; we tried many different sandwiches and salads; get your burgers and fries here instead of the Windjammer steam tables.

Windjammer - not as good as the new Enchantment buffet but didn't care since we had the Seaview Cafe.

Portofino's - very good.

Every time I hear someone say they are NOT a PICKY eater, it seems they are always the one complaining about the food!!!

The best food I ever had on Serenade was the first sailing after the maiden voyage in '03 and Serenade to Alaska in '05 was great also.

Pam

Archived