Bottled water on QM2?

scdreamer

I am salt sensitive, and prefer bottled water while cruising. Is it available at no charge on QM2? I hope I don't have to lug on enough for a six-day sailing!

Go fill up your carry-bottle in the Lido Restaurant. There's a water dispensing machine there. Not sure if it's connected to the main plumbing, though knowing Cunard, it probably is.

Edited by SonofTertius

Bottled water is free in your cabin in Princess or Queens Grill but below that you will pay for it. If you want bottled water in bars or restaurants there is a charge.

It was also free in Britannia Club staterooms on our voyage last October. Although we did not have to pay for water, there was a leaflet on the desk offering six litre-sized bottles for $20.

It was also free in Britannia Club staterooms on our voyage last October. Although we did not have to pay for water, there was a leaflet on the desk offering six litre-sized bottles for $20.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware it was free in Britannia club. It doesn't seem to feature in any of the info re Britannia Club.

As you mentioned they do offer 6 bottles for $20 in Britannia Staterooms which isn't too bad.

Go fill up your carry-bottle in the Lido Restaurant. There's a water dispensing machine there. Not sure if it's connected to the main plumbing, though knowing Cunard, it probably is.

Not permitted as this is a hygiene issue, not only on Cunard but on most cruise lines in their self service area. There is a notice to this effect in the Kings Court/Lido and often in the ships daily programme .

Not permitted as this is a hygiene issue, not only on Cunard but on most cruise lines in their self service area. There is a notice to this effect in the Kings Court/Lido and often in the ships daily programme .

Yet I saw 100's of people doing it.

The way it is done is what Cunard does not like. One is to take a clean cup or glass and fill it from the dispenser and then pour it into their personal container. Yes, people do put beverages right into their containers from the spigot. I have showed the sign to some and they just keep doing it. Oh well. I try.

Still not sure if bottled water is free in Brittannia club ... last October apparently it was, but that was about ten months ago. Anyone sailed more recently who might know? I cannot drink the treated water onboard cruise ships (it has residual salt in it, and I am super sensitive) so I am hoping there is free bottled water.

Twenty dollars for six liters is a bit high ... I usually drink about four a day, even more sometimes. Also, I wonder how they would feel if I bring my own water to dinner - "corkage fee?" Lol.

Does anyone know if there is a convenience store near enough to the berth that I could reach by foot and buy water in the event that none is available in my cabin after all?

Have you let Cunard know about your sensitivity to salt? I am thinking about your restaurant; they work wonders for those with allergies.

I presume that you have to be very careful if you visit the Kings Court (buffet)?

Best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

Twenty dollars for six liters is a bit high ... I usually drink about four a day, even more sometimes. Also, I wonder how they would feel if I bring my own water to dinner - "corkage fee?" Lol.

Slight correction, the 6 bottles for $20 is for 6 x 1.5 litre bottles so you are getting 9 litres. If you get through 4 litres a day you are likely looking at $60 max for your 6 days.

Seems a better option to me than trying to lug 24 litres of water on board with me, but each to their own.

Still not sure if bottled water is free in Brittannia club ... last October apparently it was, but that was about ten months ago. Anyone sailed more recently who might know? I cannot drink the treated water onboard cruise ships (it has residual salt in it, and I am super sensitive) so I am hoping there is free bottled water.

Does anyone know if there is a convenience store near enough to the berth that I could reach by foot and buy water in the event that none is available in my cabin after all?

I took a Britannia Club crossing in July & September 2016 and there was defiantly no complimentary bottled water in the stateroom, however, there were two bottle of Pol Acker ;)

Yes, there are one or two local stores not too far from the cruise terminal ( I've often used them before a return east bound) I'm not too sure what method of transport you are using to take you to the berth ? assuming it's a cab, could you not ask your driver to make a short detour.

I took a Britannia Club crossing in July & September 2016 and there was defiantly no complimentary bottled water in the stateroom, however, there were two bottle of Pol Acker ;)

Yes, there are one or two local stores not too far from the cruise terminal ( I've often used them before a return east bound) I'm not too sure what method of transport you are using to take you to the berth ? assuming it's a cab, could you not ask your driver to make a short detour.

It looks like the surrounding area mostly has convenience stores, and bottled water there is not going to be significantly cheaper than the $2/liter you're paying on the ship.

It looks like the surrounding area mostly has convenience stores, and bottled water there is not going to be significantly cheaper than the $2/liter you're paying on the ship.

Nearest Large store to the terminals, will be Asda near to West Quay 6 X 1.5L of Evian £3.96 Cunard price on board for One bottle $4.95 plus 15%

http://storelocator.asda.com/store/southampton

Edited by Pennbank

I was thinking of the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, sorry.

I think we are all confused here. Like you I assumed the OP is boarding in the USA ? .... if so, there is a huge supermarket a few blocks away from the Brooklyn cruise berth , often used by the ships crew and guests in transit.

Yes, boarding in Southampton. We are coming down from London in private hired car. I may just bring along a few large bottles of water.

I am more than a little surprised that there is a charge for bottled water; we are just returning from another cruiseline, and bottled water was provided in the staterooms, as well as at meals, for no charge. And we have experienced the same on other lines, as well.

Are we supposed to drink water from our bathroom fixtures while in our cabin? That's not so wonderful. Will they charge us for the use of drinking glasses?

Seriously, good drinking water is kind of a basic provision, wouldn't you think? This will be our first cruise with Cunard, already a bit apprehensive.

I'm not sure which lines you normally sail on but as far as I know bottled water isn't normally provided free of charge unless you are on an all inclusive ship.

Ice and water glasses are provided and the water from the tap is drinkable for most people.

We usually buy the bottled water for the cabin and have ship's water with meals.

Thank you Hattie.

I was thinking of the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, sorry.

For Red Hook I would imagine Fairway Market store about 15min walk from The Red Hook Cruise terminal at Red Hook

480-500 Van Brunt Street

Brooklyn, NY 11231,

I think we are all confused here. Like you I assumed the OP is boarding in the USA ? .... if so, there is a huge supermarket a few blocks away from the Brooklyn cruise berth , often used by the ships crew and guests in transit.

Oh really? What's the name and/or location? I've looked on Google Maps and it did not look like there was anything like that nearby.

Oh really? What's the name and/or location? I've looked on Google Maps and it did not look like there was anything like that nearby.

see #23

Fairway Market

Address

480-500 Van Brunt Street

Brooklyn, NY 11231, United States

Store Hours

Today: 7:00am to 10:00pm

Monday 7:00am - 10:00pm

Tuesday 7:00am - 10:00pm

Wednesday 7:00am - 10:00pm

Thursday 7:00am - 10:00pm

Friday 7:00am - 10:00pm