Heurigen Dinner in Vienna and Uber

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:54 AM.
#1
Summer/Minnesota Winter/Yucatan
421 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
We will be on the Viking Baldur embarking in Budapest on May 13. We will be in Vienna the evening of May 15 departing on May 16. We have been to Vienna before and enjoyed a Heuigen dinner in the Vienna Woods. Viking is offering an Heurigen dinner excursion at a cost of $139 per person. We want to go to a restaurant of our choice, at what probably will be considerably less cost. Viking is not being helpful as to departure time from Vienna. Since Viking is offering a Heurigen dinner, I am sure we can schedule one on our own. Has anyone had experiences with the Heuigen Dinner in Vienna either on your on or as part of an excursion.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John
#2
Columbia, MD USA
3,439 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
We are going to be in Vienna (on Viking) in August. For different reasons than you I have been asking about departure times. What they are telling me is that there are things like lock schedules that impact departure time and will probably not be able to tell us far in advance. Please report back on your trip.
#3
New York City
1,342 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
In Vienna, go to Stammersdorfer Straße, where you will find numerous places to have a Heurigen dinner for a lot less than $139.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Miami-Havana-Miami (1951: P&O S.S. Florida)


Miami-Ocho Rios-Grand Cayman-Miami


Lisbon-Cadiz-Casablanca-Funchal-Ft. Lauderdale


New York-St. George-Hamilton-New York
#4
Long Island, NY
7,509 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
Have you looked at the itinerary closely? Which date is the optional dinner excursion? We used AMA so I know it could be different, but the excursion to the Vienna woods was the first day.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#5
Summer/Minnesota Winter/Yucatan
421 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
I have looked at the schedule very, very closely. Viking offers the music excursion on the first night in Vienna and the Heurigen Dinner the second night.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John
#6
Long Island, NY
7,509 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
Originally posted by WisRiver
I have looked at the schedule very, very closely. Viking offers the music excursion on the first night in Vienna and the Heurigen Dinner the second night.


Ok now I remember we went to a concert the second night. I remember Viking was at same concert hall. You probably don’t have to make the reservations so far in advance. The entire street is filled with various restaurants.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#8
New York City
1,342 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Sorry, can't help you with that one; I was in Vienna performing at one of the English-speaking theaters near the Freud apartment and arrived by train. But Google or Mapquest can probably show you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Miami-Havana-Miami (1951: P&O S.S. Florida)


Miami-Ocho Rios-Grand Cayman-Miami


Lisbon-Cadiz-Casablanca-Funchal-Ft. Lauderdale


New York-St. George-Hamilton-New York
#9
Columbia, MD USA
3,439 Posts
Joined Jun 2003
Originally posted by WisRiver
We will be on the Viking Baldur embarking in Budapest on May 13. We will be in Vienna the evening of May 15 departing on May 16. We have been to Vienna before and enjoyed a Heuigen dinner in the Vienna Woods. Viking is offering an Heurigen dinner excursion at a cost of $139 per person. We want to go to a restaurant of our choice, at what probably will be considerably less cost. Viking is not being helpful as to departure time from Vienna. Since Viking is offering a Heurigen dinner, I am sure we can schedule one on our own. Has anyone had experiences with the Heuigen Dinner in Vienna either on your on or as part of an excursion.
Do these dinners have a vegetarian option?
#10
Summer/Minnesota Winter/Yucatan
421 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
On our visit to Vienna we went to Sirbu http://www.sirbu.at/, and had the dinner buffet. None of the people in our group were vegetarians, and the buffet was loaded with meat dishes. You might want to post your question on the Vienna board for trip advisor or look at the various heurigen restaurant websites for menus. In the city of Vienna we saw lots of vegetarian options.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
John
#11
Central Ohio
3,687 Posts
Joined May 2002
Originally posted by WisRiver
We will be on the Viking Baldur embarking in Budapest on May 13. We will be in Vienna the evening of May 15 departing on May 16. We have been to Vienna before and enjoyed a Heuigen dinner in the Vienna Woods. Viking is offering an Heurigen dinner excursion at a cost of $139 per person
Our Heurigen Dinner through Viking on April 26 is $79 per person. I wonder why there's such a big price difference.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]

#12
Virginia
152 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
We are also doing the Heurigen Dinner on our October cruise. Please post a review when you return home. Enjoy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#13
Maryland
70 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
Originally posted by 2theship
Our Heurigen Dinner through Viking on April 26 is $79 per person. I wonder why there's such a big price difference.
The $79 one only has snacks as opposed to dinner.
#14
Central Ohio
3,687 Posts
Joined May 2002
Originally posted by skleeb
The $79 one only has snacks as opposed to dinner.
I guess that explains it then. It was the only option offered to us. I'm sure we won't starve!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]