Favorite drinks on NCL

macfam5

Macfam5, I'm going to tag onto your question with my own beverage question. Does anyone know whether Norwegian stocks ginger beer? My favorite drinks are a Moscow Mule or Dark 'n Stormy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

Absolutely! You will find each of them as a "Drink of the Day" during your cruise (look at the bottom of third page on FREESTYLE DAILY. Made with Goslings Ginger Beer (cans).

Absolutely! You will find each of them as a "Drink of the Day" during your cruise (look at the bottom of third page on FREESTYLE DAILY. Made with Goslings Ginger Beer (cans).
Thanks! I've also recently discovered the Dark 'n Spicy, ginger beer with spiced rum. [emoji484]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

For those who have not seen it WARM-WATER DAVE started a wonderful thread several years ago.

He kindly created a spreadsheet with great info... you can find in the thread below (lengthy, but worth reviewing for the info and spreadsheet).

A huge thank you to Warm-Water Dave!!!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2173108&highlight=ubp+favorite

What is your favorite drink to order while cruising? ( included in the UBP)

Anything with alcohol! ;p

Seriously, I am really looking forward to trying a Rebellious Fish. Hope they have them on the Getaway in September.

Mango Magic .........

Carnival's Mango Magic is a drink / cocktail found on the decks of Carnival Cruise Lines ships. Find dozens of cruise line recipes here on CRUISIN!

NCL makes Mango Meltdowns!

Also good, are any frozen drinks made as a "Colada." (for example, peach, mango, strawberry, guava, etc). Just ask, if they have the flavor, they will make it for you!

Any drink sailing away is fine with me :p

My favorite drink they don't have anymore. It was a NCL specialty called the Manhattan Apple. It was a whisky based martini with a fresh apple wedge in the drink. I drank lots of them on the Epic in 2013 but the next time I cruised in 2015 it disappeared from the menu.

Wish they would serve the Voodoo Juice I had in St. Thomas. A few of those can really get you in vacation mode!:cool:

This Voodoo Juice recipe sounds like a party-in-the-making (too bad NCL does not stock all of the rums at each of the bars):

1 cup banana rum

1 cup pineapple rum

1 cup citrus rum

1 cup coconut rum

2 cups cranberry juice

2 cups pineapple juice

2 cups orange juice

Mix all together. Make in any amount you like, just keep the one part liquor to two parts juice mixture and you have yourself a fantastic rum punch for parties.

This Voodoo Juice recipe sounds like a party-in-the-making (too bad NCL does not stock all of the rums at each of the bars):

1 cup banana rum

1 cup pineapple rum

1 cup citrus rum

1 cup coconut rum

2 cups cranberry juice

2 cups pineapple juice

2 cups orange juice

Mix all together. Make in any amount you like, just keep the one part liquor to two parts juice mixture and you have yourself a fantastic rum punch for parties.

That’s it! Except I float 151 on top. :evilsmile:

For those who have not seen it WARM-WATER DAVE started a wonderful thread several years ago.

He kindly created a spreadsheet with great info... you can find in the thread below (lengthy, but worth reviewing for the info and spreadsheet).

A huge thank you to Warm-Water Dave!!!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2173108&highlight=ubp+favorite

Perfect - Thank you! We sail in 13 days - definitely going to try some of these cocktails :)

Perfect - Thank you! We sail in 13 days - definitely going to try some of these cocktails :)

My absolutely favorite drink in the mornings is a TOMA. I started drinking them about 3 cruises ago and on our last cruise I got about 3 or 4 couples hooked on them simply by them asking me what I was drinking? I am not a huge lover of really sweet drinks so a TOMA works fine for me. It is a combination of champagne, vodka, lime and lemon juice and I think triple sec but could be wrong about that. Hubby who loves his bloody Mary's in the morning has also been drinking more TOMAs the past couple of cruises. Of course he still loves his Moscow Mules either in the morning or early afternoon.

Night time or after about 3pm it is either wine for me or a good Martini. NCL makes some really good ones. Hubby will usually start the evening with a decent scotch, then drink a couple of glasses of wine at dinner time.

Any drink sailing away is fine with me :p

My favorite drink they don't have anymore. It was a NCL specialty called the Manhattan Apple. It was a whisky based martini with a fresh apple wedge in the drink. I drank lots of them on the Epic in 2013 but the next time I cruised in 2015 it disappeared from the menu.

Can't they make it for you if it isn't on the menu?