Usb ports in the lamps

jayscore

We usually only travel once yearly & have not had usb plugs in any of the hotel or ship lamps. I think it's a great idea, as I like to have my phone beside the bed so I can see the time when I wake up in the night. Or, if I am using the phone as an alarm, I like having it next to me instead of on the desk.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got off of the Liberty yesterday, and had this feature in our inside cabin 1041. I thought it was great to have the USB ports available. I posted a picture in a couple of Facebook groups, and it seems that Carnival is putting them in during dry dock, and as they need to be replaced.

Anyone know the amperage rating of these USB ports?

I find I am accumulating some devices that like a bit more oomph to charge, in the 2A range, rather than (the old USB standard of) 500mA.

I will have my wall-plug USB converters just in case.

Just as a minor follow-up: the Carnival FAQ says:

On the Carnival Horizon, Carnival Panorama and Carnival Vista, there is one USB outlet (5 volt, 1000mA) in each stateroom.

But obviously this may not reflect the technology now being applied across the fleet as upgrades are done.

Just got paradise last month. There were sub ports by the bed (not on lamps), and multiple recepts by the mirror.

Our 4th Paradise cruise is coming up -- first since drydock -- so there are now more than the one outlet and also USB ports? (It would be great to not have to pack a power strip -- one less thing to worry about!) TIA :)

• 6 months later...
3 minutes ago, dcanad01 said:

Does anyone know if Freedom got USB ports in the interior staterooms on recent Drydock?

From what I've heard some cabins have them and some don't.  There was no rhyme or reason behind it.  I've heard reviews where two cabins were booked where one cabin had them, yet the cabin next door didn't.