Formal Night Lido Marketplace

matt1119

Was wondering if anyone knew if the buffet on the formal nights matches the MDR's? From what I gather, it's pretty similar other nights.

Basically what I'm asking is if I choose not to dress up for formal night, will the buffet have lobster on the 2nd night of the cruise?

Thanks in advance.

Just thought I'd add that you don't have to "dress up" too much to get into the MDS on "elegant" night. Slacks and a shirt with a collar for men and slacks with a nice top or a dress of any kind will be fine for a woman. You don't need jacket/tie/suit /gown/cocktail dress etc.

Just thought I'd add that you don't have to "dress up" too much to get into the MDS on "elegant" night. Slacks and a shirt with a collar for men and slacks with a nice top or a dress of any kind will be fine for a woman. You don't need jacket/tie/suit /gown/cocktail dress etc.

(y)

The dress-up bar at Carnival isn't very high - in fact to the original poster it's not even called formal night any more. It's now "cruise elegant" and what riffatsea said is true about "dress up". We dress the same way and fall somewhere in the middle of the pack for "cruise elegant" dinner attire:)

Just go to the MDR and enjoy your lobster. No need to "dress up". Some people throw a fit if you don't dress to their standards but you're not here to impress a message board. Jeans/khakis and a polo type shirt/tennis shoes is fine for elegant night. Shorts/decent shirt is fine for every other night. Enjoy your cruise, and lobster!

Was wondering if anyone knew if the buffet on the formal nights matches the MDR's? From what I gather, it's pretty similar other nights.

Basically what I'm asking is if I choose not to dress up for formal night, will the buffet have lobster on the 2nd night of the cruise?

Thanks in advance.

No Lobster, but most everything else!

Just an FYI they replaced carved meats on the lido buffet with a baked potato bar, even on cruise elegant nights. I asked the guest services manager about this and she said they had made some “changes.” :confused:

They’ve had carved meats on the West Coast ships. As recent as June on the Inspiration and the Splendor two weeks ago to Alaska.

Just an FYI they replaced carved meats on the lido buffet with a baked potato bar, even on cruise elegant nights. I asked the guest services manager about this and she said they had made some “changes.” :confused:

So......what kind of meat did they have??

So......what kind of meat did they have??

Kind of a hodgepodge of different dishes that didn’t really fit in together. Usually some sort of chicken, beef/pork, and fish that had some sort of sauce slathered on it. Sometimes a Chinese dish with rice or other ethnic offering. At least one vegetarian dish. Just no carved meats, ever.

On the Conquest, each day they carved a different meat, roast beef, pork, turkey, and ham as far as I remember. My lunch trick, as I love roast beef. I get a nice hoagie or roll from the deli and have the chef thin slice some roast beef, add some sliced tomato, lettuce and mayo, YUM.

Thanks in advance.

NO lobster.

They had carved meats on the Lido buffet on Elation when I was on there two weeks ago.