Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Are you sure that the 'gaps' are really worth being upset by? Especially if/when one can shut the verandah windows as added protection against noise and wind?

Would you normally keep your balcony doors open on a M or S class ship in X's fleet? I would think not.

I Am sure we will have reports, soon, about how much of an issue the gaps are...

Minor, I Am sure, at worst...

bon voyage

@Bo: I don't know why partly negative, partly sarcastic comments like the one you have replied are being considered in a way that I am upset over something ))))

I cruised a lot, and have seen many ships, so the minor details that I notice are just a matter of helping others to be aware of something that potentially could be useful or to be ready for. I am telling you Sir that on each and every of my cruises I thoroughly enjoy myself - even on that dreadful one on Infinity, when on the second day of 14 day cruise to Hawaii I have learned that I lost my job - AND MY DW AS WELL! Even then I had fun and loved the Infinity...

Small things, details, yes.

Like this one:

There is no clothes drying thread in the bathroom on S class (there is one on M class, on Millie at least); so in the Caribbean cruise it is essential to have one - for drying bathing suites after the beach. Thus, on half a dozen of Caribbean cruises on S ships I managed to improv and to tie a thread between the hook on the shower wall and shower head. When weather allowed, I use balcony chairs for drying.

On the Edge IV, there will be no chance to dry clothes after beach outside, like on the standard balcony... But since there is a rod in the shower and - I assume - the hook on the opposite wall, I will take a piece of rope to connect those two...

Sorry for my lengthy reply.

Again, I can't wait til January, when I set sail on Edge - rest assured!

Yes, my eye is a bit different than yours and I too look forward to saling her but am cautious about the blind hype. Outside and In.

The excitement is building.

So drinks are out....we like to be with people who listen to and hear differences and toss them about rather than quash them as insignifigant at the get go.

I concur...

Yet, I understand to a great degree (unless repetitively said) and do not worry about those who try to squash our excitement or desires... I can only smile and look forward to seeing them aboard sometime to discuss further.. of course over cocktails or a great meal... :cool:

bon voyage

@Bo: I don't know why partly negative, partly sarcastic comments like the one you have replied are being considered in a way that I am upset over something ))))

I cruised a lot, and have seen many ships, so the minor details that I notice are just a matter of helping others to be aware of something that potentially could be useful or to be ready for. I am telling you Sir that on each and every of my cruises I thoroughly enjoy myself - even on that dreadful one on Infinity, when on the second day of 14 day cruise to Hawaii I have learned that I lost my job - AND MY DW AS WELL! Even then I had fun and loved the Infinity...

Small things, details, yes.

Like this one:

There is no clothes drying thread in the bathroom on S class (there is one on M class, on Millie at least); so in the Caribbean cruise it is essential to have one - for drying bathing suites after the beach. Thus, on half a dozen of Caribbean cruises on S ships I managed to improv and to tie a thread between the hook on the shower wall and shower head. When weather allowed, I use balcony chairs for drying.

On the Edge IV, there will be no chance to dry clothes after beach outside, like on the standard balcony... But since there is a rod in the shower and - I assume - the hook on the opposite wall, I will take a piece of rope to connect those two...

Sorry for my lengthy reply.

Again, I can't wait til January, when I set sail on Edge - rest assured!

Well, you have beat me, as I must wait until Nov for my sailing on The Edge and look forward to your review and comments...

bon voyage

Lloyd - Looks like at one point the top inside part was light grey and if not it could be primer. Take a look.

2999e866e7935d60cc86a99e252a79cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t have quick access to all the photos, but as I recall the MC was orange. I think that may be gray primer...you would need something to cover ther orange completely. I recall seeing orange crane near the MC. The most recent photos have the top as seen from resort deck is mostly white. I would love to have heard the discussion about this. I suspect the color clashed with the cabanas and drew attention away from the feature wall at the end of the pool

I don’t have quick access to all the photos, but as I recall the MC was orange. I think that may be gray primer...you would need something to cover ther orange completely. I recall seeing orange crane near the MC. The most recent photos have the top as seen from resort deck is mostly white. I would love to have heard the discussion about this. I suspect the color clashed with the cabanas and drew attention away from the feature wall at the end of the pool

I think the MC and all its support structure is staying Orange....do you think otherwise?

Would have preferred some type of drapery or sheers that could be pulled across the inside doors. They would block the light and soften sound...

Drapes would be very useful if one person wanted to nap in a darker space and the other sit on the balcony to enjoy the bright sunlight. But, I'm sure we will all adjust.

Good point about the potential color clash. The white not only goes well with the cabanas but also the white hot tubs.

Why bother pretense of apprecaition of differences of opinion with others here in anonymity who you could coincidentally meet on board and engage with when you have already islolated those particularly who are sighted in your favor.

Ahhh, because I harbour no malice regardless, only a difference in opinion or thought, which for me does not mean that those with whom I differ cannot be friends or build a relationship /friendship with a view of respect regardless of how harsh the written words may come across.

Many of us are not professional writers, as such I take very little offense to the written as opposed to the verbal.

As such I have my photo here so when aboard there is no place for me to hide. It has worked well for me as those who meet me and we discuss postings we gain greater insight as to our reasonings/thoughts.

Thank you and Bon voyage

It means that in rooms where the bed is closer to the closet, the a/c duct will be above the bed, blowing in the wall across the room and bouncing back to bed; also - as some of you may have noticed - in humid climate the a/c duct tends to accumulate moisture and sometimes drip a bit, so the drops would fall on the bed :)

This is pretty common on cruise ships. The Quantum Class and the newer Oasis Class ships definitely have this arrangement - the A/C is always at the same spot regardless of the configuration of bed/sofa.

I´ve been on many ships with the A/C over the bed or in the ceiling over the bed. I never had any problems with water dripping on the bed.

steamboats

I think the MC and all its support structure is staying Orange....do you think otherwise?

If you look at photos from Friday's sea trials.... from the port side the MC virtually disappears against the rest of the white of the ship. If you look at older photos the MC is orange and looks like a handle. From the starboard side the front of the MC is still orange but at the top the sides are white and so is the underside. Still looks orange... a touch less massive. As I noted earlier... I would love to have heard the discussion... I wonder if they are monitoring this board? I think this is a pretty good compromise.

I hope these links work: here are two recent starboard side photos http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2914031 http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2914019

And here is a recent port side shot:https://www.presseocean.fr/actualite/saint-nazaire-essais-mer-du-celebrity-edge-depart-vendredi-apres-midi-20-09-2018-282205

Earlier... during the reveal... if you look at the resort page you will see the MC had patches of orange and white/gray on the underside of it...

I have been reading all (well, at least most) of the posts here, and finally cannot just sit by and not reply. So, this might get a little rambling.

First of all, someone questioned the orange. Well, I believe that it is the same orange as the tops of the launches and lifeboats, so it is well-coordinated. Is it not a requirement from the maritime powers-that-be that lifeboats have to be orange so they are more visible? I recall that Disney had to apply for special permission to change their lifeboats to the yellow they use on Mickey's buttons, as they have that particular color copyrighted, or whatever protective registration is needed to protect it.

My feeling regarding the MC is that it is a very interesting innovation. That being said, as opposed to the orange situation, my objection is to the shape of the white and orange graphic on the lower part of the starboard hull. It is just incongruous with the shape of the MC and looks like someone just painted an odd shape there. Very odd.

Regarding the handles on the round table in the staterooms, my theory is that if you put them upward, they look to be just about right to hold a room service tray from sliding off, at least on the two longer sides. Stability would be increased a lot. Having the top able to flip so the handles are downward would be a really clever idea, since if you don't have a tray sitting on it, you would not have the handles in your way when you are just using it for other things, such as drinks, etc. And, if you are not in an IV stateroom, the table looks to be lightweight enough to move inside for use there. Not that big a deal, as I see it.

My next "rant" is regarding the tiles on the wall in Eden. Every time I see a photograph of that installation, I automatically think it is unfinished, because of the gaps. I am hoping that once everything is completed and furnishings installed, that it will be less offensive. Please note that this is completely my own impression and opinion on this. If you disagree, great. Maybe we can discuss it over a drink at the Eden Bar!

Next comes the "chandelier" over the Martini Bar. I apologize to everyone who has expressed love and admiration for it, but my (again, please note: MY) feeling is that if I want to see a bunch of LED strips hanging from the ceiling, I can go to my local store and buy some for a lot less than I am paying for this cruise on a brand new ship. A "Chandelier" it is not.

I believe that I am probably too traditional in some ways. I tend to appreciate symmetry, but Edge is all about asymmetry and innovation. I do, however, love the modern aesthetic, furnishings, design, decor and technology. So, I apologize to one and all for my "rants" and wish everyone a magnificent voyage on our newest X ship. Personally, I cannot wait! And, I will most probably love almost everything about her!

Bon Voyage to one and all!

I have been reading all (well, at least most) of the posts here, and finally cannot just sit by and not reply. So, this might get a little rambling.

First of all, someone questioned the orange. Well, I believe that it is the same orange as the tops of the launches and lifeboats, so it is well-coordinated. Is it not a requirement from the maritime powers-that-be that lifeboats have to be orange so they are more visible? I recall that Disney had to apply for special permission to change their lifeboats to the yellow they use on Mickey's buttons, as they have that particular color copyrighted, or whatever protective registration is needed to protect it.

My feeling regarding the MC is that it is a very interesting innovation. That being said, as opposed to the orange situation, my objection is to the shape of the white and orange graphic on the lower part of the starboard hull. It is just incongruous with the shape of the MC and looks like someone just painted an odd shape there. Very odd.

Regarding the handles on the round table in the staterooms, my theory is that if you put them upward, they look to be just about right to hold a room service tray from sliding off, at least on the two longer sides. Stability would be increased a lot. Having the top able to flip so the handles are downward would be a really clever idea, since if you don't have a tray sitting on it, you would not have the handles in your way when you are just using it for other things, such as drinks, etc. And, if you are not in an IV stateroom, the table looks to be lightweight enough to move inside for use there. Not that big a deal, as I see it.

My next "rant" is regarding the tiles on the wall in Eden. Every time I see a photograph of that installation, I automatically think it is unfinished, because of the gaps. I am hoping that once everything is completed and furnishings installed, that it will be less offensive. Please note that this is completely my own impression and opinion on this. If you disagree, great. Maybe we can discuss it over a drink at the Eden Bar!

Next comes the "chandelier" over the Martini Bar. I apologize to everyone who has expressed love and admiration for it, but my (again, please note: MY) feeling is that if I want to see a bunch of LED strips hanging from the ceiling, I can go to my local store and buy some for a lot less than I am paying for this cruise on a brand new ship. A "Chandelier" it is not.

I believe that I am probably too traditional in some ways. I tend to appreciate symmetry, but Edge is all about asymmetry and innovation. I do, however, love the modern aesthetic, furnishings, design, decor and technology. So, I apologize to one and all for my "rants" and wish everyone a magnificent voyage on our newest X ship. Personally, I cannot wait! And, I will most probably love almost everything about her!

Bon Voyage to one and all!

First and foremost this is not a "rant", it is your hones opinion as we all are entitled to. I agree with most of your comments. While we sail on January 13th, I still am anxious to see the final "reveal" as this piecemeal rollout is becoming tiresome and annoying. Can't wait to hear from the folks who are first sailing on her. This will be a very active site after that. So many questions still unanswered. The innovations look spectacular and for me, Eden is not my cup of tea so far. BUT, the concept of 4 main dining rooms is appealing. Let's see how it works. We all have to remember, as my kids have always said, it's whatever "floats your boat" attitude we board with. She is a beautiful ship, love the clean lines but the critics are still out on a lot of things. :D

Pat C

First and foremost this is not a "rant", it is your hones opinion as we all are entitled to. I agree with most of your comments. While we sail on January 13th, I still am anxious to see the final "reveal" as this piecemeal rollout is becoming tiresome and annoying. Can't wait to hear from the folks who are first sailing on her. This will be a very active site after that. So many questions still unanswered. The innovations look spectacular and for me, Eden is not my cup of tea so far. BUT, the concept of 4 main dining rooms is appealing. Let's see how it works. We all have to remember, as my kids have always said, it's whatever "floats your boat" attitude we board with. She is a beautiful ship, love the clean lines but the critics are still out on a lot of things. :D

Pat C

Thanks, Pat C! I hope everyone else is as accepting and forgiving as you. :)

We sail on the 20th of January, so will wave as you disembark, while we are standing and staring at her in awe waiting for our turn to embark. I will admit that by that time, I will most likely be a basket case. As I mentioned earlier in a post, we are sailing on the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam on the 13th, so we will see Edge from afar then. Returning to Port Everglades on the 20th, Edge will be all I will be able to look at, and by the time we disembark and travel to Terminal 25, I will be SO excited! Out of control comes to mind. :')

I agree about the "piecemeal rollout." It is very annoying, but still we hang on every word and picture while eagerly anticipating the next.

I watch her progress on the Live AIS Ship Tracker on http://www.shipspotting.com and check it way too many times a day for updates. The photographers who have been posting photos there are very talented, and the tracking information is really interesting, too. I have a little concern yesterday and today that although she is purported to be on her second sea trial, she does not currently show up on the Tracker. I am hoping that she is traveling incognito as opposed to having been absconded with. ;)

Bon Voyage!

~Barbara~

I truly hope you were not serious about this. Any leaky or wet bottle especially over the 220 Volt outlet will cause a french fried passenger:rolleyes:

...and that's why there are no (and will not be any) standard voltage outlets in the bathroom, so folks do not hold your breath on that extra socket there.

Those who are physically and (pardon me for saying that!) psychologically fit to move the bed around the room in the search of an extra outlet behind it - don't do that, because once the stateroom attendant finds your neatly taped (duck-taped) extension cord, it is a fire hazard and it will be treated as such :p;p:loudcry:

...and that's why there are no (and will not be any) standard voltage outlets in the bathroom, so folks do not hold your breath on that extra socket there.

Those who are physically and (pardon me for saying that!) psychologically fit to move the bed around the room in the search of an extra outlet behind it - don't do that, because once the stateroom attendant finds your neatly taped (duck-taped) extension cord, it is a fire hazard and it will be treated as such :p;p:loudcry:

I do not use a C-Pap machine but there are many posts on CC about attendants supplying extension cords to guests who use C-Pap, and then taping them down as you described..Often wondered about that.??? Would have thought a new ship might have solved that better???

I definitely would not move a bed or any large furniture, but will be looking for an outlet for my camera charger if it does not fit into the Ugly White Box.

I looked at the bed by Veranda photos again . The telephone on the larger night stand next to the Veranda door, seems to have a very very long cord. I hope that is what we get, so we can run that under the bed and set up the phone on the smaller nightstand, more centered in the room....

Unless they will have 2 phones , that was a truly dumb decision to locate it in a corner across the big bed! Whoever set that up was probably not a cruiser or hotel room user. Should have a second phone on the desk

Edited by hcat