Options on cruises and sailing questions!

aussi3itup

My friend and I are looking at two different options for a sailing in April. The first is NCL Escape April 22-29 going to Bermuda. I've been on the Escape and it was a decent enough ship, we are looking more for the destination and experience.

Second option is NCL Breakaway April 15-27 transatlantic from New York to London.

Has anyone here done transatlantic? How are the seas when you voyage across? I don't get sea sick but I also don't want to be walking sideways half of my cruise. What would the weather be like on this voyage?

Also if you've been on both the Escape and Breakaway would love to know your thoughts between the two. This will be my 10th cruise and I wasn't 100% sold on Escape before but there were also a TON of kids on board.

Been to Bermuda? Thoughts on that too please! Flights and traveling to and from is not a concern of mine because we can fly for free.

My friend and I are looking at two different options for a sailing in April. The first is NCL Escape April 22-29 going to Bermuda. I've been on the Escape and it was a decent enough ship, we are looking more for the destination and experience.

Second option is NCL Breakaway April 15-27 transatlantic from New York to London.

If you take the TA - it is way more about the ship than the destination. Especially since you are quite a ways from London when you get there...and you can fly for free.

We have done 2 TA's on NCL, but not the newer ones. If you really want to do NY-London, consider the Queen Mary. A real step up in class.

i would love to do a TA someday. my preference would be to fly to Europe and take the ship home.

bermuda is heaven on earth! i have been there 4 times (once by plane, 3x by ship). i would go every year if i had my way. tons to do, even on multiple visits i still find places to see and things to do that are new to me!

a TA will have few children on board, and most likely an older demographic.

We did a TA on QM2. Rather than being a floating hotel it is a proper ocean liner built for TAs. We had a smooth crossing. I can't guarantee yours would be as smooth but QM2 should handle rough seas better than most cruise ships. It's more formal than NCL but we do like to dress up from time to time.

Has anyone here done transatlantic? How are the seas when you voyage across? I don't get sea sick but I also don't want to be walking sideways half of my cruise. What would the weather be like on this voyage? ...

We've done three eastward transatlantics but the southern route, not the route you'll be taking. We've always been blessed by good weather with maybe one or two choppy days. But weather varies from year to year so you can't really depend on it.

We have been to Bermuda several times and love the island. Last year my DH and his brother sailed again on their brother cruise (they are originally from there) and really enjoyed themselves. Both options are great so I would choose the one that might appeal more. If you choose Bermuda and mild weather (it is chillier in April) remember the beach will not be as nice as the end of May and the summer months. If you want a relaxing sea voyage than the TA is the way to go. Personally, I would go with the TA and wait for warmer weather and sail to Bermuda (end of May or summer) and enjoy the beaches and other outside activities.