YVE Miami Hotel

Flyby

We stayed a couple of years ago. The hotel is an old building, the room we had was small but the stay was a good one. There is only one elevator and a small restaurant. Bayside is across the street and the port 5 is a 5 minute drive.

I have stayed there a couple of times! Staying there again next week-end! Perfect location! Love crossing the street to go to Bayside for shopping, restaurants etc... it’s definitely not a new building, but its great for a night before or after a cruise! It’s only a 5 minute taxi drive to the port! If you want something a little fancier, then maybe try the Intercontinental! YVE is fine for me though!

We stayed here when it was under another name. Its location cannot be beat, and it costs a fraction of what others in the area charge. You often hear people talk about the Holiday Inn near the port, well this is right beside it. There is a CVS next-door for any last minute essentials you might need. As others have said, Bayside Marketplace is directly across the street. My room was fine. I do recall the bathroom being very tiny. I am staying here again in a couple months.

When I worked in downtown Miami, this was the Continental Bayside Hotel - and used mostly by Asian tourist groups. It was then bought and remodeled to what is now the YVE. It's an old building on a busy street corner of Biscayne Blvd and I wouldn't go out at night in that neighborhood, even if it is across the street from Bayside. Homeless people frequent the area at night and many don't take 'no' for an answer. The rooms are tiny, the bathrooms very tiny and the elevator is the slowest one west of the Rockies. But, it is convenient. Don't leave your car unattended, day or night, in the parking lots in front of Bayside. Jus' sayin'.

When I worked in downtown Miami, this was the Continental Bayside Hotel - and used mostly by Asian tourist groups. It was then bought and remodeled to what is now the YVE. It's an old building on a busy street corner of Biscayne Blvd and I wouldn't go out at night in that neighborhood, even if it is across the street from Bayside. Homeless people frequent the area at night and many don't take 'no' for an answer. The rooms are tiny, the bathrooms very tiny and the elevator is the slowest one west of the Rockies. But, it is convenient. Don't leave your car unattended, day or night, in the parking lots in front of Bayside. Jus' sayin'.

How long ago did you work in Downtown?

That area is perfectly safe, in fact probably one of the safest areas in the city. Busy, lots of people. Yes, there are homeless people. Just say sorry can't and continue.

Parking, is hit and miss. I've never had a problem parking my car in downtown for 5+ years. But it is true that there is some vandalism, especially when valuable and suitcases are in plain site. That is common in any large city anywhere in the world.

It is a great location.

• 1 month later...

We stayed there in 2016. Agree with others about small size of the rooms, but we were just there to stay overnight, not hosting a party. Felt it was clean, felt safe, walked across to Bayside, etc. I would stay again.