Cool runnings vs. Stiletto Catamaran

jerijkstr

We have narrowed it down to these two excursions while we are in Barbados (FOS Aug 4). Has anyone used either tour company? We aren’t looking for a “party” boat - hubby doesn’t really drink and our 11y/o dtr will be with us. Any insight will be GREATLY appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK, so we won't be in Barbados until June 27th, but we have booked the 3 hour tour with Action (Stiletto). They were MUCH easier to contact than others I tried, and replied quickly to answer all questions I had. Don't know when you're cruising, but I will be travelling with my husband, 19 year old daughter and 11 year old son. We are not drinkers either. If you'd like I can give more info after we return.

OK, so we won't be in Barbados until June 27th, but we have booked the 3 hour tour with Action (Stiletto). They were MUCH easier to contact than others I tried, and replied quickly to answer all questions I had. Don't know when you're cruising, but I will be travelling with my husband, 19 year old daughter and 11 year old son. We are not drinkers either. If you'd like I can give more info after we return.

That would be wonderful! Yes, CR seems to be very slow with the response. Have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...

We have been with Cool Runnings three times, twice when we were cruising and once when we were just visiting Barbados. From what I have seen, they are wonderful with kids of all ages, and also with non-swimmers. They have plenty of non-alcoholic beverages aboard. We had our 16 year old daughter with us and while the atmosphere was fun and relaxed, I would not call it a party boat and she did not feel the least bit out of place. In fact, while she tends to be a bit of an introvert, she felt comfortable enough to mingle. The food was amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to go with them again. I don't know why they are slow to respond (this has not been my experience), but I'm sure they will. You can also try messaging them on their facebook page. They tend to be very responsive there.

That would be wonderful! Yes, CR seems to be very slow with the response. Have a great time!

We're just back a couple of days now, and we did the 3 hour tour with Stiletto. They picked us up from private tour area in port exactly where they said they would be. We were on a boat with 9 other people I believe (plus us 4 and 2 crew). The rest of our group was actually doing the longer tour with lunch so we were dropped at the shore after our part of the tour was over where a driver was waiting for us for the trip back to the port. Crew members were very patient with my son (11), who decided for some reason during our trip that he did not need a life jacket- a trend which would unfortunately continue throughout our trip, causing me to get stuck towing him around EVERY day. Jackets were not mandatory, but were available for those who wished to wear them. We did see 2 turtles and a ray at the turtle stop, but the wreck site was AMAZING, so many different varieties of fish! Atmosphere was very laid back on the boat we were on.

Anything I forgot to mention that you would like to know, just ask!

I have spoken with Captain Eddie and he says if you experience difficulty contacting CR through the website you can message them on facebook or email them directly at info@coolrunningsbarbados.com. I'm happy to answer any questions if you have any. The truth is, you really can't go wrong with any catamaran in Barbados :)

I have spoken with Captain Eddie and he says if you experience difficulty contacting CR through the website you can message them on facebook or email them directly at info@coolrunningsbarbados.com. I'm happy to answer any questions if you have any. The truth is, you really can't go wrong with any catamaran in Barbados :)

I think my daughter (12) and I will be going on the catamaran, whereas my husband wants to go to Brandon’s Beach. Although, the thought of just relaxing with no one around sounds like heaven!

• 1 month later...
We have been with Cool Runnings three times, twice when we were cruising and once when we were just visiting Barbados. From what I have seen, they are wonderful with kids of all ages, and also with non-swimmers. They have plenty of non-alcoholic beverages aboard. We had our 16 year old daughter with us and while the atmosphere was fun and relaxed, I would not call it a party boat and she did not feel the least bit out of place. In fact, while she tends to be a bit of an introvert, she felt comfortable enough to mingle. The food was amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to go with them again. I don't know why they are slow to respond (this has not been my experience), but I'm sure they will. You can also try messaging them on their facebook page. They tend to be very responsive there.

I second that! Cool Runnings is a 5 star operation!