AK 19 - Carnival Legend VS Star Princess

selljd

If you could weigh in on your experiences on Carnival in AK I would be very appreciative.

I have reservations because I do not feel like I can compare the 2 Cruises I have been on. One AK Princes - One Carnival to Mexico -

Is Carnival to AK still as loud as it is on a southern cruise???

I loved the Star but.. it is a 3K difference and I am having a hard time deciding which one to book because 3K is a lot of money and I keep thinking of all the things we can do excursion wise with 3K...

Will be booking a Suite because there are 4 of us therefore the big price difference.

From what I have read, the Carnival Alaska cruises don't tend to be as rowdy as the Caribbean itineraries. I just went through this process and we got a suite on Legend for much less than what we could on Princess. With that being said, Princess tends to be the more preferred line for Alaska. The other common consensus is to spend less on your stateroom and more on your excursions when in Alaska. I would also compare the itineraries, ports and how much time you have in ports as that can further impact your satisfaction.

• 2 weeks later...

For most, Alaska is about the ports and the scenery. Alaska cruises generally are much less of a party atmosphere than you find on a Caribbean cruise. You should be fine on Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For most, Alaska is about the ports and the scenery. Alaska cruises generally are much less of a party atmosphere than you find on a Caribbean cruise. You should be fine on Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! I am really excited to take the kids this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Well, we've never had any problems on our Caribbean Carnival cruises, I think it's a little bit of a misconception. Yes, they have more parties, like the deck parties, but I still don't have any problems, and I don't go to them even! LOL!

But in general the Alaska cruises are such a different crowd. The cruise itself tends to be much less subdued for sure. We loved Alaska cruise!!