Pre-cruise Brisbane hotel

I really have done my homework and used the search feature, but I am not finding many recent hotel recommendations for Brisbane. We are coming in from the US 3 days early and would like a recommendation for a good hotel to see the sites of Brisbane and then get to the cruise terminal for our 28 day cruise around Australia. This has been on our bucket list for years and we are very excited about finally getting to see Australia! Thanks for any advice.

I really have done my homework and used the search feature, but I am not finding many recent hotel recommendations for Brisbane. We are coming in from the US 3 days early and would like a recommendation for a good hotel to see the sites of Brisbane and then get to the cruise terminal for our 28 day cruise around Australia. This has been on our bucket list for years and we are very excited about finally getting to see Australia! Thanks for any advice.

What do you want to see, do, in Brisbane.

What’s your budget.

What do you want to see, do, in Brisbane.

What’s your budget.

We have never been before so would like to see any major highlights, must see or do. We love birds, animals and outdoors. Would like to keep hotel under $200 aud. This is a bucket

Its trip, so will consider anything. Hotel does not have to be posh. Not sure if we should stay closer to cruise terminal or downtown. There are 4 of us, so we could rent a car.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have never been before so would like to see any major highlights, must see or do. We love birds, animals and outdoors. Would like to keep hotel under $200 aud. This is a bucket

Its trip, so will consider anything. Hotel does not have to be posh. Not sure if we should stay closer to cruise terminal or downtown. There are 4 of us, so we could rent a car.

As a wildcard, how about Tangalooma?

It is on Moreton Island, about a 1hr ferry ride across the bay from Brisbane.

Downside: It's on an island so you don't get to see much of Brisbane.

Upside: Fabulous beaches, wild dolphin feeding, 4WD tours, sliding down some of the biggest sand dunes in the world, sunsets across the bay, snorkeling around wrecks, national park, and as a bonus you don't get to see much of Brisbane.

Brisbane is one of those places that is great to live in, but just isn't setup for tourists.

There are a lot of new hotels opened or opening up in Brisbane so I would suggest looking at all the major booking and review sites for good deals. If you do hire a car you could look at staying at one of the hotels/motels around Hamilton which is near the cruise port. A cheap but very good value option there is the Kingsford smith Motel which gets lots of great reviews, have stayed there myself. Big comfy rooms and free parking. There are newer and more expensive hotels in that area now too. If you don't hire a car, stay in the city where you have even greater access to trains, buses, ferries, etc. Car parking in Brisbane city hotels is very expensive. A really great high end choice here would be the Marriot. You can often find deals around the $200 mark. And even try find a deal on a Club room there which often includes free parking if you do hire a car. BNE is a great city and if you base yourself there you're central to all sorts of tourist stuff within a 90 minute drive/day tours, eg Australia Zoo on the Sunshine coast.

There are a lot of new hotels opened or opening up in Brisbane so I would suggest looking at all the major booking and review sites for good deals. If you do hire a car you could look at staying at one of the hotels/motels around Hamilton which is near the cruise port. A cheap but very good value option there is the Kingsford smith Motel which gets lots of great reviews, have stayed there myself. Big comfy rooms and free parking. There are newer and more expensive hotels in that area now too. If you don't hire a car, stay in the city where you have even greater access to trains, buses, ferries, etc. Car parking in Brisbane city hotels is very expensive. A really great high end choice here would be the Marriot. You can often find deals around the $200 mark. And even try find a deal on a Club room there which often includes free parking if you do hire a car. BNE is a great city and if you base yourself there you're central to all sorts of tourist stuff within a 90 minute drive/day tours, eg Australia Zoo on the Sunshine coast.

Thanks! We chose the Kingsford Smith! Seems great with free shuttles to airport and cruise port too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums