Wedding in St. Martin?????

Just remember that you are cruising during Hurricane season and in bad weather the ship can/will change it's itinerary or skip ports at the last minute. If you want to incorporate a wedding into your cruise, it might be best to get married on the ship. You don 't mention which cruiseline your sailing with but Princess will marry you at sea, the other lines conduct weddings onboard, while still in port at your embarkation port.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Mariner of the Seas

My daughter was going to get married in St. Martin but when they read all the legalities for getting married there they switched it to St. Thomas. I remember, you had to have 5 or 6 witnesses and if they were traveling with you they needed to send their birth certificates in advance to St. Martin, and it couldn't be a copy they had to have the stamp.

I am on Royal Caribbean, Mariner of the Seas. We will have 6 people with us and kind-of thought that all would be in it. I did not realize that each had to have their birth certificate.

As for the hurricane stuff, that's a very good thing to condsider, as if I didn't have enough to worry about!

I am very happy to have found out about this web-site. I have a "better" feeling knowing others experiences, and suggestions.

Thanks,

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

We were in St. Martin last October. It was perfect weather. BUT, you always run the risk of bad weather during hurricane season no matter which island you choose in the Caribbean. We loved St. Martin! The beaches were beautiful. However, we preferred St. John/St. Thomas because of their lush, tropical feel (most of St. John is actually a national park). St. Martin is very dry and desert-like (few trees and cactus growing everywhere) which we didn't know until we arrived. It was still great, though.

I agree with samben that it is more difficult to get married in St. Martin. St. Thomas is a territory of the US, so it makes things much easier.

Good luck with your planning!

Several years ago, I took my first cruise in September. I grew up in the north and really never paid much attention to the hurricane season. After I booked the cruise and people started telling me that I was booking in the middle of hurricane season, I started to realize why the price was so cheap. We did end up running into a tropical storm. The weather on the islands was warm but overcast in most cases. I remember Grand Cayman looked dark grey! It didn't ruin our trip but the seas were rough some days and the islands not as spectatular as they could have been. It is a risk but then again the weather might be just beautiful. Only God knows for sure!

Good luck,

Penny

Penny and Patrick

newlyweds to be

Aboard the Mariner

and totally happy you will see.

Thanks so much for your information. It is difficult to decide without ever being there.

I am also finding that having the ceremony on the ship may be less stressful.

Penny's from Heaven, when is your wedding/cruise on the Mariner?

Thanks,

Nancy

Nothing is finalized yet. I am in the "preliniary" point of frustration with Royal Romance. Currently, in the process of organizing all of the paperwork. It will probably be while we are in St. Thomas.

Thanks,

Nancy

Nancy --

I am getting married on the Mariner this Sunday and I cannot wait. I am totally excited. I'll write up a full report when I return.

Royal Romance has been difficult to deal with to some degree but really for the most part, it has been fine.

Penny

Penny and Patrick

newlyweds to be

Aboard the Mariner

and totally happy you will see.

Archived