Scooter Rental for 1-way (southbound) Alaska Cruise

saffy12

Hello,

Both of my parents have different mobility issues, and each owns a Gogo Pride scooter for local use when they will need to walk long distances (such as when going to an amusement park or other similar activity). My dad's scooter is easier to disassemble, so he will be traveling with his, but my mom had been hoping to manage without hers, which I think is a mistake.

We will be doing a 1-week land portion prior to boarding a Southbound Celebrity cruise in Seward, ending in Vancouver. Since travelling with 2 scooters takes up a lot of room especially since Mom's doesn't break down, we will be doing the land portion with just dad's, but I think I've finally talked Mo into renting a scooter for her use when we board the cruise.

We've done that before (traveled with Dad's and rented one for mom to use) but the problem now is that I'm not sure where she can rent a 1-way scooter to leave in Vancouver. Does anyone know of any places that will rent to us in Seward to leave in Vancouver? Or have any suggestions of where to go at Celebrity for such a resource?

Thank you!

Hello,

Both of my parents have different mobility issues, and each owns a Gogo Pride scooter for local use when they will need to walk long distances (such as when going to an amusement park or other similar activity). My dad's scooter is easier to disassemble, so he will be traveling with his, but my mom had been hoping to manage without hers, which I think is a mistake.

We will be doing a 1-week land portion prior to boarding a Southbound Celebrity cruise in Seward, ending in Vancouver. Since travelling with 2 scooters takes up a lot of room especially since Mom's doesn't break down, we will be doing the land portion with just dad's, but I think I've finally talked Mo into renting a scooter for her use when we board the cruise.

We've done that before (traveled with Dad's and rented one for mom to use) but the problem now is that I'm not sure where she can rent a 1-way scooter to leave in Vancouver. Does anyone know of any places that will rent to us in Seward to leave in Vancouver? Or have any suggestions of where to go at Celebrity for such a resource?

Thank you!

Celebrity's website lists those companies that they work with. The one-way cruises to/from Alaska are not unusual and those companies will be set up to handle them.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs#onboard_mobility_disabilities_tab/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-mobile-disabilities?subtab=true

Thank you! I had looked on Celebrity's site but not been able to find that. Thanks for the information.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

If you go to Celebrity's home page, under "Plan a Cruise" (right under their phone number on the top left) select Special Needs. Once on that page, there's a tab for Mobility Disabilities. They list two companies (CareVacation and Special Needs at Sea) that you can work with to rent the scooter.

Enjoy!

There is an additional one-way charge for rentals when you start in one port, and end in another. But these kinds of rentals are common (they are about all I do), and you won't have any trouble with either company.

• 2 weeks later...

We are renting 2 scooters from: Special Needs Group which RCCL recommends.

They are delivering them to the hotel in Vancouver and we are scooting onto the ship the next day. They will then pick them up from our cabin at the end of the cruise in Seward

There is only a $50 charge for delivery to the hotel.

• 1 year later...
Hello,

Thank you!

i have rented a scooter from special needs numerous times now and never a problem. for me i need the scooter just to get around ship as the ships are so large. give them a call and they can certainly direct you to availability of a scooter.

i have rented a scooter from special needs numerous times now and never a problem. for me i need the scooter just to get around ship as the ships are so large. give them a call and they can certainly direct you to availability of a scooter.

You have again posted a reply to a post that goes back to Posted April 10th, 2017, 11:40 PM for a cruise taken in 2017.

• 1 month later...