Timing to get to SFO

SadieN

Not a cruise question but need some advice.

Staying at the Ritz Carlton on/near Nob Hill and our flight leaves on Wednesday at 5:30. When should we leave for SFO? Thinking around 2:30.

TIA

I have a question going the other way. We will be arriving for our cruise the day the ship sails (flight out of San Diego). Flight arrives at 8:15 am how early are we allowed into the dock and/or terminal building as I know they will be still offloading passengers from previous cruise. We will have a princess tansfer...oh the cruise will be in October as well. Trying to get our ducks in a row....

If you have a Princess Transfer then they will get you to the pier at the appropriate time.

Keith1010. 2:30 was perfect timing if our flight would have left as scheduled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

If you are arrive in SF so early, you might want to board the ship as early as possible and then enjoy the afternoon wandering around San Francisco. There's lots to see around the San Francisco Cruise Terminal. We were able to do all the paperwork and board the ship around 12:30.

That is the nice thing about taking cabs rather than waiting for shuttles.

https://cruiseports.ca/america/san-francisco.html

How early do they let you on in SFO dock? That is what i am trying to find out?

Thank you we have been to San Fran several times and know it has alot to offer but need to know how early we are allowed to board ship so we can drop our stufd and go see and enjoy

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

How early do they let you on in SFO dock? That is what i am trying to find out?

Thank you we have been to San Fran several times and know it has alot to offer but need to know how early we are allowed to board ship so we can drop our stufd and go see and enjoy

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Princess' boarding policy is pretty much the same worldwide. It is unlikely you will be on board much before noon.

Cassandra, you are very welcome.

Assuming the flight arrives on time that will be perfect timing.

Keith

I have asked around to a couple of friends that live in the area and they said since we are just flying up from San Diego to SFO that we should be good...as our flight would probably leave on time but then be delayed in landing if the fog rolled in. We would be going around October time frame. I am a bit leery of same day flight as sailaway but several folks said it should be fine since it is not a far trip.

Now we are just trying to decide if we want to taxi it to the pier or take the princess transfer. We are thinking of doing the princess transfer at the end as the last time we sailed into SF trying to get a taxi was a mad house so figure the less stress way would be the princess transfer back to the airport, but still not sure of on the way to ship. If we do taxi on our own we could have him stop and possibly wait while we ran in and got water or soda to bring on the ship whereas with the princess transfer we couldn't....but then again we could always drop big bags and walk over to get the water or soda we want.

Cassandara, from SFO to the ship I would recommend that you consider Ubber but a taxi is a good option as well.

I have to say I am not big on flying the day of the cruise. Things can go wrong such as the flight being cancelled. I know there are other flights but if those are full then it becomes a problem. Not trying to worry you but I have seen too many things go wrong while traveling for business so I never recommend flying in the day of the cruise.

Keith

Thanks Keith...yeah I am still iffy on it but DH is like we have 3 other options with the 1 airline and 2 others with another line......

if we flew in day before I was debating a hotel near airport (which is cheaper) with free airport shuttle but then would have to do a taxi or service to dock or staying near dock at higher price hotel and walk to dock....so many decisions...cant I just poof and be on the cruise ship like Jeanie!:D

Cassandra, you are welcome.

Yes, it would be nice to be like Jeanie or sometimes I'll say beam me up Scottie (aka Star Trek). The only issue with the other airlines is if they have open seats which you wouldn't know till that day. There are lots of hotels near the SFO airport. Best of luck with whichever way you go and hope you both enjoy the cruise.

Keith