The Mercantile Hotel NOLA?

designgirl

It is the former Embassy Suites. Per Trip Advisor, it seems the transition has been rough. I would go over there and read to see if the reviews meet your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

More Specifically, it is the rooms that were formerly known as the "Loft Rooms" or "Loft Suites" at the Embassy Suites. The main building of the Embassy Suites still exists and continues to be branded as Embassy Suites. The annex building next door that housed the Loft Suites was sold, and converted to the Mercantile Hotel.

Stayed there when they were Embassy Suites Lofts and liked it. The room I was in...you go up stairs and it was just my room and one room across the hallway. Other than that separate living room/bedroom like other embassy suites rooms. It was nice but that was years ago and I have no idea how it is under new ownership.

More Specifically, it is the rooms that were formerly known as the "Loft Rooms" or "Loft Suites" at the Embassy Suites. The main building of the Embassy Suites still exists and continues to be branded as Embassy Suites. The annex building next door that housed the Loft Suites was sold, and converted to the Mercantile Hotel.

Skip TA, way too many fake reviews. People earn money posting them.

Skip TA, way too many fake reviews. People earn money posting them.

I use trip advisor alot and it's been extremely helpful for me. I used it today prior to booking a hotel I hadn't stayed at in about three years...just to make sure it's the same as I remembered it. I also post reviews of my hotel stays there. And I haven't made a dime doing it. But i'd be very interested in hearing how I can get paid for them since you seem to know about it.

I use trip advisor alot and it's been extremely helpful for me. I used it today prior to booking a hotel I hadn't stayed at in about three years...just to make sure it's the same as I remembered it. I also post reviews of my hotel stays there. And I haven't made a dime doing it. But i'd be very interested in hearing how I can get paid for them since you seem to know about it.

this is commonly known so I'll just let you do your own due diligence.

Nice room but you do have some homework to do

Nah I’m good. I’ve seen good reviews and bad reviews. That’s where I go to see what I’m getting and it works for me.

My last hotel stay was last weekend. My next hotel stay is next weekend. I have extensive experience.

• 4 weeks later...
TripAdvisor is a great resource but I always try to check other websites as well, such as cruise critic, Disney boards if my trip includes that etc...

Given the high number of fake reviews not a good source