If you have ACTUALLY STAYED at a hotel in SJ SINCE Oct 1...please list here

We have 2 confirmed (phone calls from the hotels directly) reservations post cruise for Sunday 26th. La Concha and Condado Renaissance. Have time to cancel so TA will be in contact with them (and us) and I'll know where I'm staying after we disembark.

As soon as possible I'll post any and all info I can get.

Good luck to everyone - this has definitely been the most interesting cruise planning I've had in 26years.

We just stayed at DoubleTree on November 12 and 13. They were fully operational. Electricity (not by generator), pool, hot tub, restaurant on site, grocery store across the street. Traffic lights were not working but shuttle drivers seem to know what they are doing dealing with this.

We just stayed at DoubleTree on November 12 and 13. They were fully operational. Electricity (not by generator), pool, hot tub, restaurant on site, grocery store across the street. Traffic lights were not working but shuttle drivers seem to know what they are doing dealing with this.
Great news about the DoubleTree. We'll be there this Saturday. I've contacted them twice to confirm our reservation, which they've done. They've also helped me make arrangements for 4 members of our travel party to check in early as they arrive in San Juan before we do. The service from the DoubleTree has been spectacular so far.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Forums mobile app

Excellent, nice to hear, just read they are working hard to restore power to Old San Juan, hopefully the Forts will be open for our arrival Thanksgiving weekend.

We are staying at Double Tree by Hilton on Nov 23rd and 24th pre-cruise. Confirmed our reservation with Juan at the Hotel this morning.

Hi - we are in the same boat, so to speak. Are you on the Summit Jan 13? I am also flying to SJU on the 12th from Vancouver. I empathize! :(

No we are on the Jewel departing on Jan 14th. I am feeling better though, got in touch with the GM at Best Western and he has assured me that they are open, fully operational and taking reservations.

Excellent, nice to hear, just read they are working hard to restore power to Old San Juan, hopefully the Forts will be open for our arrival Thanksgiving weekend.

We are staying at Double Tree by Hilton on Nov 23rd and 24th pre-cruise. Confirmed our reservation with Juan at the Hotel this morning.

Happy to hear this - I have pre and post cruise rooms booked for a mid December cruise there (still have 2 other hotels booked just in case).

Fabulous information, dan-mish, thanks for sharing.

Carolyn

We stayed in Old San Juan

1. 10/14/17 and 10/15/17 (two nights)

2. Casablanca Hotel.

3. Powered by generator. At the time, I believe anything open in Old San Juan was powered by generator

4. Open nearby: Casablanca Hotel's bar and Cafe, Pirilo Pizza, Caficultura (coffee & breakfast), Starbucks and Walgreens by Sheraton OSJ, and Moreno Spot Bar & Grill

Open walking distance: Barrachina Restaurant, Casa Cortes ChocoBar :D, Senor Paleta, La Madre (Mexican), Nono's bar & restaurant, El Meson Sandwiches, Yeyos, Club Spritz, Cafe Manolin.

There was a great artist co-op store just across the street from Parroquia San Francisco de Asis (church) and under the hotel Da House, at 301 Calle San Francisco. At the time, they were only opened on Sundays.

Closed nearby: Marmalade (although it looked like they were working on it)

5. Hotel lobby had AC, wifi, and ice cold water dispenser. The lobby has a nice bar that opens in the afternoon and night. Our room had: wifi, a cool tablet that was connected to the wifi, one TV with sat, private bath, balcony (not all rooms), running water and fixtures, hot shower. No AC in the room on night 1, but had AC on night 2.

6. We walked by these OSJ hotels that seemed opened, but I didn't ask their front desk: Hotel El Convento and Sheraton Old San Juan. I heard that other pax stayed at La Terraza, but had no AC.

Airport is fine, taxis are easy to get. We didn't feel unsafe at any time. Not all attractions may be open, but there is still plenty to see in this beautiful city!

For a complete story of our 10/7/17 cruise see my thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2553861

Dan

Just back from the Celebrity Summit and it was wonderful. We flew into San Juan last Friday and it was easy. All of our hotels had cancelled with the exception of the Acacia Boutique Hotel. The bed was comfy and they had a generator. However, no elevator and 3 flights up, difficult for anyone with a disability. Their pool was at their sister hotel a block up, the size of a large whirlpool. It was eerie at night not seeing street lights and only hearing generators. Came home yesterday and the city seemed a bit better; not as many wires hanging. Our shuttle driver was extremely grateful for the help from the USA and all of our prayers. He thought God had given them a second chance and with hard work they will over come. Please go and tip heavily. Chris

This makes me cry. Thank you so much for posting.

Yes, it's a Marriott hotel. I have a backup reservation at the Comfort Inn. If they cancel on us I'll try to book something on airbnb.

I have a friend that is an Airbnb host in Fajardo she is still without power. She hopes her guest for Dec will beable to make it

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar on Nov 17 -- we had made the booking before the hurricane, and had no problem. It's running well, including elevators. Transportation around the airport, cruise port, hotels in the area, Old San Juan, all ok. Plenty of Uber drivers are working, in addition to the taxis.

We will be arriving in San Juan on Friday with confirmed reservations until our sailing date Sunday on NCL Dawn at the Best Western. We had reservations at the Hilton, but they called a month ago and cancelled. I felt fortunate we were able to secure these reservations. Hopefully, there will be no problems. We also have reservations for the 18th when we return. Keeping our fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong.

We will be arriving in San Juan on Friday with confirmed reservations until our sailing date Sunday on NCL Dawn at the Best Western. We had reservations at the Hilton, but they called a month ago and cancelled. I felt fortunate we were able to secure these reservations. Hopefully, there will be no problems. We also have reservations for the 18th when we return. Keeping our fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong.

Bon voyage! Hope all goes smoothly for you, all the way around.

I also hope you've been enjoying Cruise Critic. :)