Packing

Alva43

We also found that after years of travel we just seemed to migrate to packing lighter. I always did carry on for business travel. After retiring, we switched to carry on only of post retirement travel. What made it easier for us was starting with a carry on suitcase each. Items either went in or they stayed home. We made choices. The second and third parts were ensuring that the clothes we took were 'travel friendly' and packing with a view to keeping the weight down.

We have four trips coming up. Two AI's to Mexico prior to the New Year, a two month winter trip to SE Asia, and a ten day trip to China in May. Packing will be a breeze, if only because we have the gear and our space is defined. It is much easier and more do-able than we ever imagined. Now, we would never go back to our old ways. Wish we had done it earlier.

One thing I'm seeing left out is to see if there are any clothing requirements for any excursions you are doing. Our last cruise we did several active tours that required sturdy shoes and long pants. Most of the other times though, I found myself slipping back into maxi dresses over and over again. Taking some Fabreeze for this cruise so I can hang and go, but other than that, packing very similarly for a 12 days as we did for our 7 day.