off the Royal Princess southern caribean melody cruise yesterday...Any questions ?

back2tampa

If can offer my thoughts on Enclave, having disembarked Nov 5. For us, worth every penny in that sailing. 7 straight sea days, busy port days - it was bliss to stroll in and relax in the hydro pool then steam away the aches and pains. Found a new low in seat saving there though - one "lovely" couple would set up camp on two of the tile lounge chairs in the raised sort of private area - complete with personal items on chair, about 8 towels each and their robes all on there. There are hooks for robes, chairs are - supposed to be - first come first served, etc. Granted the loungers wete never full up, so not an issue getting a lounger - which again, made the lounger saving absolute madness. They would set them up, pop into the pool for a solid half hour or more, hit the chair for maybe 5 minutes (not even one cycle of the jets in the pool which is 10 minutes) then be on their way. Took longer to set up their chairs then they spent relaxing in them most times. A new low on the chair saving game in my book.

Otherwise, we thoroughly enjoyed it, varied our times when we visited and never really crowded at all, plenty of space to relax. Worth every penny. Was $199 pp for the 15 nights.

Beers on offer included Heineken, Bud/Bud Light, Coors/Coors Light, Miller+Miller Lite, Stella, Grolsch, Newcastle, Blue Moon, Guinness, Red Stripe, Paulaner, and a couple others. Nothing very special..

We seen those same people in the Enclave and could not believe it. Great cruise though !

How was Martinique, and what did you do there?

Thanks!

We tried to book a excursion last minute but all the good ones were taken and it was Remembrance Day so everything was closed and we so we took the water taxi for $7 across the bay and went swimming. I didn't hear anything bad about any of the excursions .Maybe next time I am doing the submarine

Allow me.

You are actually proposing Princess be allowed to discriminate against passengers with limited mobility simply because some people don't like them around? Oh and by the way a passenger limited to selecting one of the few handicapped accessible cabins most likely paid a freaking hell of lot more for their cruise than you did.

I have taken cruises and traveled around the world with family members of varying physical limitations. And their devices inconvenienced absolutely no one. And gained them no "unfair advantage" as you seemed to imply.

And they could all spell, capitalize and punctuate properly.

I was equally offended by the OP. My husband can really no longer walk, but has to have a wheelchair. He hates it! Do

But, he loves to cruise. OP, are you suggesting my husband cancels our upcoming cruise so that people like you not be inconvenienced?

Beware, we all get older and things will happen, even to you. Eventually, and it would be poetic justice, you could find yourself "mobility challenged."

Shame on you!

Thanks for the help, I agree 100 % and I probably would not have even said anything about the scooters but the lady that got hit was right next to my wife that has bad feet due to diabetes and it could have really messed her up bad.

Sorry to hear that about your wife. Like I said I didn't have any problems with scooter, but guess I was lucky.

To end this thread, I think the problem with the scooters are that many need them to make cruising more enjoyable and mobile, but the majority of people don't have them at home. So they are not used to using them and that can sometimes lead to unfortunate circumstances. I wish that somehow that an hour or so practice session would be made available by the rental companies before these people use scooters onboard the limited areas of a ship. I know this is probably impossible to do, but sure would help people feel more comfortable using their scooters for the first time (most likely.).

Pooh

To end this thread, I think the problem with the scooters are that many need them to make cruising more enjoyable and mobile, but the majority of people don't have them at home. So they are not used to using them and that can sometimes lead to unfortunate circumstances. I wish that somehow that an hour or so practice session would be made available by the rental companies before these people use scooters onboard the limited areas of a ship. I know this is probably impossible to do, but sure would help people feel more comfortable using their scooters for the first time (most likely.).

Pooh

I didn't mean to sound like I don't want people with disabilities on the ship and I apologies to anyone that took offence to my thread. I understand and will be the first to help you if needed and it was the one person that almost hit my wife on this cruise and actually ran over a lady and sent her to medical while going through security in Aruba . My wife has diabetes and problems with her feet. If it would have hit her foot then it could have been bad. Again I am sorry if I offended anyone.

We seen those same people in the Enclave and could not believe it. Great cruise though !

Thank you, both! I really want to do the Enclave. I am going to run down there and purchase as soon as I get on the boat!!!

I'm a beer drinker but I like the bitter stuff so I guess I'll go for liquor :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Several reacted to the OP for offending people with disabilities. I never thought the OP didn't want to see these folks on the ship.

But I have to wonder if the responses regarding driving abilities aren't spot on. Say, they don't have a scooter at home, or even so, the one on ship may not be familiar and as a rental vehicle, it may not be in the best shape. Sorry to say, but I often see elderly people hardly moving with canes and walkers heading to cars in parking lots and wonder how they can possibly react fast enough in an emergency situation to avoid an accident. The same thing can occur on a ship with an unfamiliar scooter. The suggestion to have a lesson or trial with it is good, but IDK how practical. We have not been hit, but I have seen some poor driving on a past cruise. I guess as pedestrians we need to be alert with eyes in back of heads to try and avoid being hit. Not to say it is happening all the time, but I can imagine some operators not being as skilled as others in reflexes and such.

If someone is driving erratically maybe it should be reported to ship's personnel so someone neutral can determine if they are being safe to themselves and others. Sometimes driving licenses need to be lifted.

Every time I see someone using a scooter, I just thank God I can walk unassisted (and for miles). I think kindness dictates we (ok - just speaking for myself) accommodate those with special needs. It might mean waiting for the next elevator, etc. but I can climb the stairs - they can't - and that's important to remember.

What is included in the Enclave?

Hydro pool with several jetted areas, rain shower, "waterfall" etc.

Four different spa showers such as Siberia Shower, tropical rain, etc.

4 different steam/saunas. 8 heated tile loungers (and yes, they were heated in Oct/Nov) and 2 aqua bed loungers. Cold towels for face, regular towels and citrus water/regular water. The only steam/sauna on the ship...

Take a tour upon embarkation and check it out.

Several reacted to the OP for offending people with disabilities. I never thought the OP didn't want to see these folks on the ship.

But I have to wonder if the responses regarding driving abilities aren't spot on. Say, they don't have a scooter at home, or even so, the one on ship may not be familiar and as a rental vehicle, it may not be in the best shape. Sorry to say, but I often see elderly people hardly moving with canes and walkers heading to cars in parking lots and wonder how they can possibly react fast enough in an emergency situation to avoid an accident. The same thing can occur on a ship with an unfamiliar scooter. The suggestion to have a lesson or trial with it is good, but IDK how practical. We have not been hit, but I have seen some poor driving on a past cruise. I guess as pedestrians we need to be alert with eyes in back of heads to try and avoid being hit. Not to say it is happening all the time, but I can imagine some operators not being as skilled as others in reflexes and such.

If someone is driving erratically maybe it should be reported to ship's personnel so someone neutral can determine if they are being safe to themselves and others. Sometimes driving licenses need to be lifted.

I understand your concern about driving when one appears disabled, however that is not always the case. I have an inner ear disease which has caused a permanent balance disorder. When I walk I'm all over the place, people probably think in drunk. But when I'm sitting I'm fine and have no issues driving. I took my walker on the last cruise and really thought twice about it as I didn't want to be one of those people who gets the stares and groans when someone with a walker or wheel chair gets in an elevator. I had no problems with that and if I saw the elevator looked cozy I waited for the next one. Even though traveling with a walker is a total pain, I'm glad I brought it because the Royal is a big ship and it really helped.

I understand your concern about driving when one appears disabled, however that is not always the case. I have an inner ear disease which has caused a permanent balance disorder. When I walk I'm all over the place, people probably think in drunk. But when I'm sitting I'm fine and have no issues driving. I took my walker on the last cruise and really thought twice about it as I didn't want to be one of those people who gets the stares and groans when someone with a walker or wheel chair gets in an elevator. I had no problems with that and if I saw the elevator looked cozy I waited for the next one. Even though traveling with a walker is a total pain, I'm glad I brought it because the Royal is a big ship and it really helped.

I have balance problems also. I use a "Winnie Walker Go Lite" when I cruise. It has handlebars & a storage pouch. No problem with elevators or tight spaces as it folds easily. This is also space saving for storage in your cabin.

What was the cost of internet packages on Royal?

This is the pricing if bought pre-cruise. Not sure what the pricing is on board

Calling To Shore

Item-6034 Form 10 minutes

$49.50

Quantity0 12345678910

internet.jpgInternet Access

Quantity Item-6038 Form 120 Minutes

$69.00

Quantity0 12345678910

This package includes 100 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 20 bonus minutes.

Item-6039 Form 240 minutes

$99.00

Quantity0 12345678910

This package includes 200 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 40 bonus minutes.

Item-6302 Form 460 minutes

$159.00

Quantity0 12345678910

This package includes 400 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 60 bonus minutes.

Item-6301 Form 680 minutes

$199.00

Quantity0 12345678910

This package includes 600 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 80 bonus minutes.

Happy Trails

:whiskey-glass:

This is the pricing if bought pre-cruise. Not sure what the pricing is on board

Calling To Shore

Item-6034 Form 10 minutes

$49.50

Quantity0 12345678910

internet.jpgInternet Access

Quantity Item-6038 Form 120 Minutes

$69.00

Quantity0 12345678910

This package includes 100 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 20 bonus minutes.

Item-6039 Form 240 minutes

$99.00

Quantity0 12345678910

This package includes 200 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 40 bonus minutes.

Item-6302 Form 460 minutes

$159.00

Quantity0 12345678910

This package includes 400 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 60 bonus minutes.

Item-6301 Form 680 minutes

$199.00

Quantity0 12345678910

This package includes 600 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 80 bonus minutes.

Happy Trails

:whiskey-glass:

Thanks

We’re sailing soon and wondering about the drink packages. Are we better off buying them now, or on the ship?

The soda and alcohol package are the same on ship or before. There are options to buy bottles of water or beer beforehand in your cruise personalizer.