Number of Blank Visa Pages for World Cruise

Oak Hill Cruisers

Have any past or prospective world cruisers gotten any guidance/instruction from your cruise lines on how many blank visa pages are needed for each country requiring visas?

for our 2018 WC on HAL Amsterdam, HAL will obtain all of our visa except, we think, the Australia ETA visa. But we're looking at 20 something countries that will require some sort of visa.

We have just started a discussion on the Ansterdam 2018 WC Roll Call thread on the number of blank pages needed. Most PAX won't have 40 something blank visa pages and there's a notion that some PAX will need a new passport for this WC.

We would like to get more clarification from HAL and from past & prospective WC'ers so we can nip misinformation in the bud.

Thanks in advance.

We have sailed several Crystal Cruises and they will let us know ahead of time the minimum number of blank visa pages required. I would tell you that having taken 8 World Cruises that typically they have advised to have 22-26 blank visa pages and that does not included the last couple of endorsement pages that cannot be used. This is in addition to any blank pages that you will utilize ahead of time should traditional visas need to be added to your passport prior to boarding the ship.

Keith

Thanks for the responses. Just wonder if HAL would deny boarding if not enough empty visa pages were available. Like some cruise lines that deny boarding if a required visas (like China or Russia) is not in your PP.

Some past WC cruisers on HAL have reported that only 7-8 blank visa pages will be needed.

We'll have about 20 pages when our WC sails.

Thanks for the responses. Just wonder if HAL would deny boarding if not enough empty visa pages were available. Like some cruise lines that deny boarding if a required visas (like China or Russia) is not in your PP.

Some past WC cruisers on HAL have reported that only 7-8 blank visa pages will be needed.

We'll have about 20 pages when our WC sails.

If you need a lot of Visa pages like we have on our World Cruises on Crystals you would have a problem because if you really need 20 and you had 7 then there is no room for them.

When we were told a range of 22 to 26 there was some pad so 20 probably would have worked. I am surprised that someone can't definitely let you know at HAL how many you need.

Have your TA contact them. They must have a department that handles this sort of stuff just so you can have peace of mind.

Keith

• 1 month later...
Have any past or prospective world cruisers gotten any guidance/instruction from your cruise lines on how many blank visa pages are needed for each country requiring visas?

for our 2018 WC on HAL Amsterdam, HAL will obtain all of our visa except, we think, the Australia ETA visa. But we're looking at 20 something countries that will require some sort of visa.

We have just started a discussion on the Ansterdam 2018 WC Roll Call thread on the number of blank pages needed. Most PAX won't have 40 something blank visa pages and there's a notion that some PAX will need a new passport for this WC.

We would like to get more clarification from HAL and from past & prospective WC'ers so we can nip misinformation in the bud.

Thanks in advance.

6 blank pages should be ok .Most countries only stamp on any page that has room

When I sailed on the full World Cruise, I needed more passport pages to be added to my then current Passport. Since, I have had to purchase a new Passport and it does come with an increase in the number of pages available. It ought to be enough. Checking with the cruise line is surely wise, however. If you have a travel agent, he/she ought to be of help to you as well with your concern.

• 4 weeks later...