P&O the Walmart of Cruising

artemis10

During a Peninsular lunch recently one of the guests at our table said that he thought P&O standards were dropping, the senior officer hosting our table replied that he thought P&O was heading towards being the Walmart of cruising, pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap! I think they are more likely to become the Ryanair of cruising.

Well if an officer says that then I think its a sad day and probably true. Standard and quality have certainly declined in these last few years and personally would be happy to pay more to get a better quality but I suppose Carnival plc are just looking at bigger picture. If you happy to pay higher price for better quality and service then they assume you will book Cunard which is what we have done this last couple of years and also now cruise with Princess.

Well as long as they don’t cancel cruises due to lack of pilots I’m not seeing much change at present

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks like they will be hiring more security for January to catch people carrying on their soon to be illegal alcohol.

During a Peninsular lunch recently one of the guests at our table said that he thought P&O standards were dropping, the senior officer hosting our table replied that he thought P&O was heading towards being the Walmart of cruising, pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap! I think they are more likely to become the Ryanair of cruising.

Perhaps he was referring to the dress code [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You really do get some really pointless posts on here but this beats them all.

Do you seriously expect us to believe such nonsense that a senior officer would make such a comment?

Now don’t try to bring truth and logic into a good story.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But there is no WalMart in the UK is there? So the correct title of the thread should be 'P&O The Primark of Cruising' or perhaps 'P&O the Lidl of Cruising.' :halo:

Which should make Cunard..'The Harrods of Cruising' or is that an overstatement? :hearteyes: I reckon it is having been on Cunard. So Cunard 'The Sainsburys of Cruising.' lol.

Looks like they will be hiring more security for January to catch people carrying on their soon to be illegal alcohol.

Indeed I saw an advertisement for P&O Alcohol Police in last weeks Sunday Times. Or was it the Daily Mail. Was not the News of the World, that has gone.:rolleyes:

Now don’t try to bring truth and logic into a good story.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Indeed! The OP who appears to have many undisclosed sources didn't say when this alleged discussion took place, presumably it was during the Port & Stilton when by then a few glasses of wine had been consumed and not just the bow ties were being loosened.

But there is no WalMart in the UK is there? So the correct title of the thread should be 'P&O The Primark of Cruising' or perhaps 'P&O the Lidl of Cruising.' :halo:

Which should make Cunard..'The Harrods of Cruising' or is that an overstatement? :hearteyes: I reckon it is having been on Cunard. So Cunard 'The Sainsburys of Cruising.' lol.

Asda are part of Walmart.

Indeed I saw an advertisement for P&O Alcohol Police in last weeks Sunday Times. Or was it the Daily Mail. Was not the News of the World, that has gone.:rolleyes:

So soon will be the massive amount of alcohol some people bring on board by the ones who have spoiled it for everyone else.

The officer was probably correct, Walmart are the biggest retailer (in the USA) and P&O are the biggest cruise line (in the UK).;)

Your right and it is a good comparison although i would have used Thomson as they are the biggest travel company in the UK.

You really do get some really pointless posts on here but this beats them all.

Do you seriously expect us to believe such nonsense that a senior officer would make such a comment?

Couldn't agree more! I am someone who sails on a number of different lines but am still very happy to cruise with P&O as I feel they provide a good quality, good value product. Sadly, there seem to a few people around who see 'dissing' P&O as a sport or fun pastime.

When, where, who and in what context?