And the new ship will be called.......

lprp

Personally, not a fan. Has been used already. And I have to agree with the post that said "with all of the possible, original names out there....." I find it somewhat of letdown.....Oh well...the way things are going, we'll never be able to afford to sail on it!

Laura our cruise critic community manger linked the CC news release in first thread above concerning the new ship name:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8215

Here is cruise news release announcing the Seven Seas Splendor:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/18115-regent-names-new-ship-seven-seas-splendor.html

Ho hum.....I was hoping for something more poetic. I submitted The Mirador ( Webster’s definition: a turret, window, or balcony designed to command an extensive outlook ) - I thought it described both the ship and the hearts of most cruisers.

Now let's wait and see if they actually get the new ship added to the website before it launches...

;p

The name is already on the website (not sure what happens if you click on it). I do appreciate that the name is spelled correctly. The reason that I like the name so much is that the frontrunner a few months ago was the Adventurer (a name I personally did not care for).

• Administrators
So upset that they did not pick my submission...The WhatevOR! Perhaps if I had spelled it Whatevour it would have favored better. :-)

OK, this made me laugh out loud!

I don't know if I was even eligible to win, but I submitted "Vigor"

Laura

As Jackie noted, the Splendor is listed under ships on the Regent web site. Clicking it gets you to a page which mostly has a video (from the Navigator) of the ship naming and sweepstakes winners. Note the way I worded that. According to the video, there was no requirement that you submit the winning entry. Just that you submitted an entry ending in "er" or "or." I don't think that was clear, not to me at least. So the winners (two individuals and one TA) were apparently just picked at random from among all the submitters. So, on the one hand, we all had a chance regardless of our entries, but on the other hand those who submitted the actual name chosen had only the same chance of being a winner.