Divina @ St. Thomas incident

niceguyneastbay

On Nov 15th in St.Thomas just before scheduled departure time, local police showed up and removed a pax. Just curious what happened.

Perhaps they were caught getting a drink for someone with their drinks package? :eek: Or worse, sneaking into YC.

Just kidding, but curious to know...

What made the arrest/removal interesting is that he was put in 1 cop car and the luggage was tossed into van that was a non police/official. I think the van said Porter service or something to that effect on the side with blown out window with plastic on it.

I would think if there were drugs on him or in the stateroom the luggage would have been placed in the cop car IMO.

On Nov 15th in St.Thomas just before scheduled departure time, local police showed up and removed a pax. Just curious what happened.

According to the announcement at the time it was a medical evacuation, an individual had suffered a upper body injury and was brought out in a wheelchair, we didn't see any handcuffs although we did think it odd it was managed by the police and not the fire department or ambulance. And judging by the amount of luggage, one carry-on style case, it was probably a crew member.

I was on the same cruise and also saw someone being led to a police SUV. I have no idea whether this is true or not, but another passenger said that person had been placed under arrest for assaulting the passenger who required hospitalization. Take that story with a grain of sand. There was no mention of any such incident on cruisejunkie.com.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This seems most likely.

Since St. Thomas is a US port, it could also be that someone on board was discovered to have a serious warrant against them.

Do they let people with serious warrants get on ships? I thought making sure no one had anything like that was part of the reason for early submission of your passport number.

A young man about 30 or so beat the hell out of his sister on I believe deck 11. there was blood all over the hallway and on the walls. He then threatened 2 younger kids, and the children's mother called security. that' when they decided to get him off the ship and the police were called. This is probably the only thing MSC can't be blamed for.

Well I just spoke to my barber who heard from his cousin who lives in Miami that a friend of his who was evacuted from San Juan because of the hurricane has a relative who work on the dock in St. Thomas who saw...............:):D:p