Pictorial Trip Report: Legend OTS ~ December 15, 2014

DarthGrady

I'm sold Darth Grady!!!:D

I loved Enchantment & Grandeur, Legend looks nicely different yet very much like her sisters!!

I going to assume being I had inside cabins on E & G that I will be ok with Legend's interior cabins?

I am very excited, this is my ship to return to cruising on. I notice she's not in the states often so I need to get planning now!! Thank you for doing this review, it was awesome!!

I loved Enchantment & Grandeur, Legend looks nicely different yet very much like her sisters!!

I am very excited, this is my ship to return to cruising on. I notice she's not in the states often so I need to get planning now!! Thank you for doing this review, it was awesome!!

Legend is the most travelled ship in the fleet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I going to assume being I had inside cabins on E & G that I will be ok with Legend's interior cabins?

The size of the cabin is about the same. The shower seemed a smaller, like the ones on Monarch, if you ever cruised on one of those old ships.

Thanks for another great review Grady! Sorry to hear about the sedate nightlife, that would have been a real bummer for us. Honestly, as much as I'd like to try one of these amazing itineraries on an older, err lets say classic RCI ship ;) , I don't think I can get past the more sedate nightlife and entertainment. Maybe some day!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for great pictures,review, and insight. We leave cold New England in 2 weeks to sail on her. We will try and liven up the Schooner Bar!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No problem! Hopefully Doug D will still be there. Remind him of the SOLAS regulations requiring certain Billy Joel and Elton John songs that must be played by whatever time it happens to be.

Thanks for another great review Grady! Sorry to hear about the sedate nightlife, that would have been a real bummer for us. Honestly, as much as I'd like to try one of these amazing itineraries on an older, err lets say classic RCI ship ;) , I don't think I can get past the more sedate nightlife and entertainment. Maybe some day!

Glad you liked it! The nightlife is the one drawback to the longer itineraries, they do tend to have a less energetic crowd. But it's still a good trade-off.

The nightlife is the one drawback to the longer itineraries, they do tend to have a less energetic crowd. But it's still a good trade-off.

Definitely good to know. I'm actually trying a 12-night Caribbean on Anthem in November, so we'll see how it goes. I've never had a cruise out of the NYC area where the nightlife wasn't lively (including a couple of 9-nighters), so I'm hoping the NYC area crowd and the brand new ship will drive up the energy in the evenings.

Sailing on the Legend of the Seas March 9th and March 20th B2B. It has been awhile since we sailed on her through the Panama Canal 18 Feb 1998. We are wondering how she has been updated to the new programs.

Take care...

Irene and Miles

Sailing on the Legend of the Seas March 9th and March 20th B2B. It has been awhile since we sailed on her through the Panama Canal 18 Feb 1998. We are wondering how she has been updated to the new programs.

Take care...

Irene and Miles

She's been pretty thoroughly renovated since then. Which new programs are you referring to?

Does she have a diamond club as well as a Concierge Lounge? Does she have an Italian and Chops Resturant? What shows does she have? I don't remember if she had a solariam covered or not covered! That sort of thing.

Take care...

Irene and Miles

Does she have a diamond club as well as a Concierge Lounge? Yes. Does she have an Italian and Chops Resturant? Yes. What shows does she have? Various headliners and productions shows. I don't remember if she had a solariam covered or not covered! Covered. That sort of thing.

Take care...

Irene and Miles

Answers in RED.

Does she have a diamond club as well as a Concierge Lounge? Does she have an Italian and Chops Resturant? What shows does she have? I don't remember if she had a solariam covered or not covered! That sort of thing.

Take care...

Irene and Miles

Yes, she does have both Diamond and Concierge Lounges. Both are on deck 9 between the main pool area and the Solarium. They are identical to each other, just mirrored floor plans and slightly different decor.

She has a Chops Grill, an Izumi Sushi and the Chefs Table. She does not have an Italian eatery like Portofinos or Giovanni's Table.

She does have a Solarium, it is covered with a sliding done which they never opened on my cruise.

Great to see all the photos! Thanks so much for sharing! We set sail in 48 days on Legend and are very excited! This is my third cruise but my husband's first so I thought this size ship would be perfect to break him in on ;) Can't wait to get out of this cold and in to the warmth of the Caribbean!

Sorry to interrupt this thread, but....Welcome to Cruise Critic Ranina55! You must be on the Feb 16 Legend cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. Come join us on our roll call! Just click this link and you will find a bunch of great people who will be cruising with you!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1880407&page=23

Lauri

Edited by lah66

Loved your review. Sailing on the LOS late this month & wondering if RCCL offered valet service once back in Ft Lauderdale (they'll take your bags directly to your airline.)

Thanks for fielding that one truffles2, I had no idea. :D