Any thoughts on when Caribbean cruises will have the LEAST number of kids on?

We cruised this last January - the first week (we left January 2nd). There was a ton of kids on the ship. A lot were extending the Christmas break. I would not recommend the first week of January....

One more vote for the first two weeks of December.

September/October...hurricane season in the Carib. Less kids, yes...but taking a chance on the weather.

February-April....spring break.

Agree about the longer cruises holding less children.

Who has spring break in February ? Will it be crazy like April. We are from Canada and spring breaks don't start till May. We are going on Carnival on Feb 24/18. I booked that date as I thought kids would be in school. :eek::eek:

Who has spring break in February ? Will it be crazy like April. We are from Canada and spring breaks don't start till May. We are going on Carnival on Feb 24/18. I booked that date as I thought kids would be in school. :eek::eek:

I've met some families on the ski lift in February who said it was their spring break; almost all of them Texans.

But I've also been on a cruise that started feb 23rd and there were so few kids on board that my kid couldn't use the kids club, and that was a cruise that left from Texas, so I think you'll be fine.

March is the biggest spring break month for kid schools as well as colleges, but some do April (especially when Easter falls in April) and some do February, but not so many that your cruise will be overrun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've met some families on the ski lift in February who said it was their spring break; almost all of them Texans.

But I've also been on a cruise that started feb 23rd and there were so few kids on board that my kid couldn't use the kids club, and that was a cruise that left from Texas, so I think you'll be fine.

March is the biggest spring break month for kid schools as well as colleges, but some do April (especially when Easter falls in April) and some do February, but not so many that your cruise will be overrun.

Thanks Coloradogurl I can sleep again lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

I am planning to go on Adventure of the Seas in the last week of Feb. 2018, but in general, what time has the least number of kids? I was thinking that spring or fall would have the lowest number?

Yes, yes, kids are fine but I prefer a little older grouping :)

September after Labor Day, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, January, and late May into early June.

January, April, october

March and April are Spring Break times so avoid spring. Fall is good, so is early January.

Both answers are partially wrong. Spring break doesn't last the entire month of April, though the period may vary from school to school, but we have found the end of April to be great in this regard, while the beginning is far less. Now off to find how many messages it took for someone to say, "If you don't like kids, don't cruise a family cruise line" and give them the Dumas award.

Both answers are partially wrong. Spring break doesn't last the entire month of April, though the period may vary from school to school, but we have found the end of April to be great in this regard, while the beginning is far less. Now off to find how many messages it took for someone to say, "If you don't like kids, don't cruise a family cruise line" and give them the Dumas award.

Indeed...school time off varies even by state and/or country...so there are no absolutes.

We've sailed in March & April...both "Spring Break" months...and not really had any issues.

Teachmath.

I was going to mention some particulars can vary and your example and your obvious experience point out a good one. On some of the bigger ships, South American tour groups can throw the NO KIDs thing right out the window with one group booking. The Larger ships attract that, but there are other odd things that pop up on occasion. I saw a family reunion cruise with about 80 kids on Majesty one time when I thought there would be less kids. It wasn't bad, but more than I thought.

College spring breaks. Google it...you will find many. And you will have many of them on your cruise.

Young children are not the only ones that like to run wild and free. :o