Dining dress code on Royal Caribbean

Flowerstogo122

This is my first time on Royal Caribbean I have cruised on Norwegian before. I was wondering for dinner in the main dining what we can wear? On Norwegian they have two main dining rooms one for the people who want to wear shorts and the other main dining room for people who want to wear business casual that would be me. I don't eat in the cafeteria style or the formal night so do they have that type of choice on Royal Caribbean that every night you could eat business casual? Thank you!

This is my first time on Royal Caribbean I have cruised on Norwegian before. I was wondering for dinner in the main dining what we can wear? On Norwegian they have two main dining rooms one for the people who want to wear shorts and the other main dining room for people who want to wear business casual that would be me. I don't eat in the cafeteria style or the formal night so do they have that type of choice on Royal Caribbean that every night you could eat business casual? Thank you!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

You'll be fine wearing business casual to the main dining room ... even on formal nights.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

Despite what some may state on cruise critic, the RCCL dining suggestions are only suggestions, even though on occasion the daily Cruise Compass may mistakenly identify them as "dress requirements". Shorts are generally now ok in the main dining room, except perhaps on Formal Nights where pants and a button down shirt would fit fine, or you may wear a jacket, suit or tux. Generally less dressy in Caribbean and perhaps somewhat more dressy in Europe.

Enjoy your cruise!