ifly question

sardam

If my husband and I are doing it at the same time are we able to get a video/picture of it? I know a group goes together and then waits your turn after the lesson, but while I am waiting and he is doing it am I allowed to have my camera with me and then give it to him to do the same?

If my husband and I are doing it at the same time are we able to get a video/picture of it? I know a group goes together and then waits your turn after the lesson, but while I am waiting and he is doing it am I allowed to have my camera with me and then give it to him to do the same?

The entire group enters and remains in the tube together so no, you cannot photograph each other. Sometimes RC has one of the professional photographers up there taking pictures.

The entire group enters and remains in the tube together so no, you cannot photograph each other. Sometimes RC has one of the professional photographers up there taking pictures.

I wonder why they wouldnt let you do this and just hand your phone or camera off to the other person while you go in the tube.

I wonder why they wouldnt let you do this and just hand your phone or camera off to the other person while you go in the tube.

They probably don't want any objects in the area of the tube. The helper in the tube will point you to the outer viewing area so you're not going to get any meaningful pics form that area anyway.

As I stated above, you are all in the tube together the whole time. Everyone enters together and no one leaves until everyone has "flown".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I stated above, you are all in the tube together the whole time. Everyone enters together and no one leaves until everyone has "flown".

She is 100% correct. It is very difficult to get someone to help out because of the length of time that the whole process takes. It is probably about an hour from the time you show up to do the safety briefing / video until you are done with the process and taking your flight overalls off. So, it is a large inconvenience to get a stranger to stand around for an hour to take a 1 minute video or a handful of shots. We were lucky on our first cruise with the IFly, we went with another couple and one of them did not participate so, we have complete videos of all of our flights. On my second IFly cruise, I got a buddy from the DL and flowrider to do it one time, but I owed him big time for doing it.

JC

Another option is for you and your DH to go in groups apart so one is available to record. I travel solo, and was super-lucky that one time they had the professional ship's photographer there and the second time my genie was going to record me, but one of the other guests offered to help (her whole family was in my group and she wasn't participating - poor lady had 6 phones!! LOL). I owed her big-time for helping. Best Video ever! Have fun!

Off Anthem 3 weeks ago. There were 4 of us that were taking video or photos. Everyone else went into the tube and took their turn. Then the 4 of us switched with our partners. They came out of the tube, we went in and had our turn. I also watched another group on a different day/different instructor do the same thing.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

Off Anthem 3 weeks ago. There were 4 of us that were taking video or photos. Everyone else went into the tube and took their turn. Then the 4 of us switched with our partners. They came out of the tube, we went in and had our turn. I also watched another group on a different day/different instructor do the same thing.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

That is new then. They did not permit this in the past.

They did not allow that on our cruises. They do not allow the people ready to fly to carry anything to the sitting area like a phone ect. Its a much better idea to book at separate times or ask a friend, who is not flying to tape you.

There is a ship photog there to take pictures.

They did not allow that on our cruises. They do not allow the people ready to fly to carry anything to the sitting area like a phone ect. Its a much better idea to book at separate times or ask a friend, who is not flying to tape you.

There is a ship photog there to take pictures.

Never had this as an option on the two Ifly cruises I have taken...

JC

Sorry you didn't have a chance to get photogs take picture, guess we were just lucky. I have shots of them flying from 3 different cruises. We always book the first sea day around 10 ish. I take video and we buy the prints cause its special. The first time on Quantum we had to bribe my son (10 yo) at the time to do it but after his first second its now something he looks forward to the most. The smiles they captured that first time are classic. Because he went from terror to pure joy in a milla second.

So if weather cancels we have plenty of time to rebook.

• 5 months later...

Hi, has there been any changes in regards to the iFly policy of bringing a camera to take pictures of people in your group? Will they let you run outside or take a photo from where we are seated waiting for our flight? We would prefer to experience it together but also wanted to have pictures of the moment. Is there always a Royal Caribbean crew member taking photos of each flight? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

HWill they let you run outside or take a photo from where we are seated waiting for our flight? Is there always a Royal Caribbean crew member taking photos of each flight?

Very unlikely.

Usually, yes.

Either stagger your sessions or ask someone else to take pics.

When we were on Anthem there was a couple who attached their Gopro to the outside of the tube, the instructor did let one of them go first and he then let her out of the tube while we all remained inside so she could then take pics of her partner, she was not allowed to re-enter the tube though. There was also a ship photographer there.

They have a standby line and I managed to do it two more times so an option could be to do it together once and then try standby separately so each of you can take photo's of the other.

We are sailing Ovation soon and even though they charge for it on there I am looking forward to trying it again.

On both our trips, nothing was allowed in the sitting area before entering the tube. Also, ship's photos taken were sporadic. Therefore, we have always picked different times so that we were definitely able to film each other and get all the pictures we wanted. Enjoy.

We were on Anthem a month ago and they did not allow anything in the tube. Nor did they allow switching out. We got pics because I did not participate so I waited outside the tube the entire time. When my husband and kids were getting dressed in the dressing area, they specifically said to leave your phones and cameras in that area and to not bring it with you.

Hi, has there been any changes in regards to the iFly policy of bringing a camera to take pictures of people in your group? Will they let you run outside or take a photo from where we are seated waiting for our flight? We would prefer to experience it together but also wanted to have pictures of the moment. Is there always a Royal Caribbean crew member taking photos of each flight? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We got off the Anthem 2 weeks ago. We were unable to bring anything with us outside. There was no one there to take pictures or video. At first we were excited to have an appointment with friends but looking back we should have staggered so we could take pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Forums