What kind of shorts do you wear when you zipline?

SandyR5

Hi - I'm at the "getting ready to pack" stage for our upcoming cruise. I know the highlight of our cruise will be our tour and ziplining with Oscar. What type of shorts did you wear when you ziplined? I was ready to just pack regular shorts then someone mentioned bicycle type shorts because of the harness. Hmmm., that sounds good. Any comments, advice or recommendations from those of you who went?

Any type of shorts will be just fine. I think I was in a pair of blue jean shorts when we ziplined. I will be taking more windshorts on our next cruise just because of the weight factor in my suitcase. There are nice bathrooms at Almonds and Corals, so you could take an extra pair if you are worried about it, and change after you zipline.

Just a suggestion-wear dark colors. I showed up in a white t-shirt and the driver suggested I change. I didn't and got grease from the cables on me. It didn't matter, but next time I would heed her advice. Our zipline excursion with Almonds and Corals was the best excursion we have ever done. We would do it again in a heartbeat. Have fun!

Great question and great responses...I never would of thought about wearing dark colors. How were the bugs? I've got what my husband calls "sweet meat" and if there are bugs, I'll be the first one they feast on. I have spray I can bring, but I don't want to use it if I don't have to--thinking of fellow van passengers. Thanks!

We went in the later part of January and had no trouble with bugs at any of our ports of call. I was worried about bugs as well, and even bought packets of bug wipes while on the cruise, never needed them.

I can't remember what color shirt I wore the day that we ziplined, and I don't remember that the cables had a bunch of grease on them. You have to use your hand, which is gloved to brake, I don't remember grease on the glove either. I wouldn't wear my best shirt or shorts.

• 11 years later...

we're getting excited! Only three weeks till the cruise. It is the panama canal portion of the world tour on Pacific Princess. We've been looking at excursions and see one at Puerto Quapas. Wondering if anyone has taken the 7 and a half hour excursion where you ride in an enclosed 8 person carrier above the rainforest and then take a zip line through a portion of the jungle. Sounds awesome to me. Any comments? And no, I only wrote "fat and happy" because I wanted something to be able to remember.....we are seniors, but we're not fat, however, we are

happy! Thanks. Sheryl

• 9 months later...
Hi - I'm at the "getting ready to pack" stage for our upcoming cruise. I know the highlight of our cruise will be our tour and ziplining with Oscar. What type of shorts did you wear when you ziplined? I was ready to just pack regular shorts then someone mentioned bicycle type shorts because of the harness. Hmmm., that sounds good. Any comments, advice or recommendations from those of you who went?

I realize the original question was a LONG time ago, however, for first time zip liners....

I wore a brand new pair of cargo shorts and they were ruined. The harness either took the color out of the shorts or transferred dye from the harness to the shorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums