Our day in Bar Harbor form Serenade 9/17 cruise = Private Tour

home-mom

I reserved a 4 hour tour through MDI tours. I will highly recommend this company!!! We were a party of 6 and were met at the pier by a driver (the owner's son Evan) with my name on a sign. He drove us straight to Acadia National Park (in a roomy suburban). Due to the extremely foggy weather, we had very limited views and were not allowed to drive to Cadillac Mountain, however Evan said he would show us other areas instead.

First we saw Sand Beach

P9190171_zpsutta4drm.jpg

Then Thunder Hole. We couldn't hear it as the tide was in, but it was neat to see anyway.

P9190199_zps5q4fswvo.jpg

Then we drove to Seal Harbor, Northeast Harbor, around the Somes Sound past Echo Lake and Southwest Harbor down to Bass Harbor Head lighthouse. There was a trail leading down either side of the lighthouse and Evan walked them both with us.

IMG_4132_zps1gyoo3lf.jpg

Next we drove us to Tremont and Seal Cove before heading off the island to Trenton. We then returned to town where Evan dropped 4 of us off at Side Street Cafe (we asked about lobster rolls and this was his recommendation) he dropped the other 2 off at Fabrications (a quilt/scrapbook store).

IMG_2535_zpsxxpe0ja2.jpg

Although this roll was very good, it was decided the one at Eventide in Portland was liked more.

Evan was a wonderful guide. He did give the typical history type info, but he added his own perspective as a local which we loved and found more interesting than the history of the area. He discussed daily life, what the locals think of their more famous residents such as Martha Stewart :rolleyes: and the Rockefellers :hearteyes: and when the kids asked about their favorite sport of hockey he showed them the pond the locals play on when it freezes.

We shopped our way back to the ship. The town was lovely and very easy to walk. We fell in love with Bar Harbor!

Nice review. Do you have the website? What was the charge per hour?

Was the tour 1pm to 5pm? Did they get back to the ship with plenty of time to tender back to the ship?

Edited by cdowskma
I had more questions

I'm not sure where my post went that I just edited. Did this tour get you back to the ship with plenty of time for the tender? Was your tour 1pm to 5 pm?

He picked us up @8:30 and dropped us back at 12:30. The last tender was 4:15 I believe, so we had plenty of time.

It was $70 an hour.

mditours.com