Private excursions in Portland

tootsie7

There will be six of us in Portland on 10/6/17 and would like to find an excursion that would let us tour Portland and go to Kennebunkport with some time for shopping. Tried to book thru Royal Caribbean but there isn't availability on the same excursion. Any recommendations?

I have to ask if you would consider renting a car, and DIY? There is an Enterprise Car Rental Agency about 1.3 miles from the cruise ship terminal. Kennebunkport is about 24 miles as the crow flies from the cruise ship terminal, and with a car rental, you will decide how much time you spend in Kennebunkport.

If you decide to DIY, there is a current thread titled: Portland ~ what to do on our own? that you should read.

If you don't want to rent a car, do a Google search on the terms: private excursion portland maine. Most private tours offer a city and lighthouse tour; however, Scenic Route Maine Tours offers a city & Kennebunkport combo tour and Maine Day Trip Tours offer: create your own customized tour or destination locations which could include a stop in Kennebunkport.

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...

I rented a car by myself, drove to a few lighthouses, took pics, hunted for sea glass, then headed to Kennebunkport. The drive was scenic. I just used my iphone for directions. Be sure have some little $ for tolls. There is a main shopping area in Kennebunkport, so allow plenty of time. I used Enterprise Car Rental. There is a shuttle OR you can taxi there and they will take it off the rental cost. That way you can start ahead of everyone else and have about an hour more time. When you return they will shuttle you to the boat or drop you off in Old Portland if you need to shop more. Tom's Port Guides are a great help when planning do it yourself excursions.