Evening Main Show Question

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:54 PM.
#1
Indiana
30 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
My wife and I are booked on Quest for a Rio to Miami cruise in 2/13. This will be our first Azamara Cruise. We have been on 20 cruises, primarily on Regent. We will be on the Mariner in the Med next month.

On previous cruises the main shows were presented in a two story theatre. Are reservations needed at the Cabaret Lounge? About how many people can be seated there?
#2
Phoenix, Arizona
4,154 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
It is a small theater and they do not take reservations. it holds about 400 or so
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
So fortunate to have these upcoming Cruises:

7/2107 Celebrity Summit
11/2107 Royal Caribbean
12/2017 Royal Caribbean


So fortunate to have been on these past Cruises & Great Memories:

12/2016 Azamara Quest
05/2016 Celebrity Infinity
12/2015 Celebrity Eclipse
7/2015 Celebrity Silhouette
4/2015 Azamara Quest B2B
3/2015 Azamara Quest
12/2014 Celebrity Summit
8/2014 Azamara Quest B2B
8/2014 Azamara Quest
6/2014 Celebrity Infinity
2/2014 Azamara Quest
12/2013 Celebrity Reflection
10/2013 Celebrity Summit
6/2013 Azamara Quest B2B2B
5/2013 Azamara Quest B2B
5/2013 Azamara Quest
4/2013 Celebrity Century
1/2013 Celebrity Equinox
8/2012 Azamara Quest B2B
7/2012 Azamara Quest
6/2012 Celebrity Millennium
2/2012 Celebrity Millennium
7/2011 Celebrity Constellation
1/2011 Azamara Quest
7/2010 Azamara Journey
6/2010 Celebrity Xpedition
12/2009 Celebrity Century
8/2009 Celebrity Equinox
7/2009 Celebrity Infinity
4/2009 Brilliance of the Seas
12/2008 Celebrity Solstice
8/2008 Celebrity Galaxy
2/2008 Azamara Journey
12/2007 Celebrity Millennium
6/2007 Celebrity Millennium
12/2006 Celebrity Infinity
8/2006 Celebrity Century
#3
Norwell, MA
593 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by Phxazzcruisers
It is a small theater and they do not take reservations. it holds about 400 or so
It is not a theater in the traditional sense...no tiered seating or stage. That said, we truly enjoyed the evening offerings on the Journey this August. Some sight lines aren't great, but the cabaret feeling is a nice change, and the talent on our cruise was impressive.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Xpedition/Galapagos ,
Azamara (3) Windstar (1) Celebrity (13) Regent (1) Royal Caribbean (6) Princess (4)
#4
Norwell, MA
593 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by Indy Larry
My wife and I are booked on Quest for a Rio to Miami cruise in 2/13. This will be our first Azamara Cruise. We have been on 20 cruises, primarily on Regent. We will be on the Mariner in the Med next month.

On previous cruises the main shows were presented in a two story theatre. Are reservations needed at the Cabaret Lounge? About how many people can be seated there?
And a P.S. to my above post...hope you love Azamara as much as we did. We certainly enjoyed the Regent Mariner, but found the service truly a notch above on Azamara .
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Xpedition/Galapagos ,
Azamara (3) Windstar (1) Celebrity (13) Regent (1) Royal Caribbean (6) Princess (4)
#6
Edinburgh
10,412 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Azamara is not a line where "lining up" is needed for almost everything. You will be fine getting a seat, also as its a semi circular stage floor different folks have different views as to what is "a good seat"
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
536 days onboard Celebrity and Azamara 2000-2017 and 102 more days booked plus one river cruise
#7
Portland/Poipu
251 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Originally posted by uktog
Azamara is not a line where "lining up" is needed for almost everything. You will be fine getting a seat, also as its a semi circular stage floor different folks have different views as to what is "a good seat"
Our favorite seats on the Journey were at one of the 3 tall tables at the back, stage right. Perfect view of the dancers, singers, and fellow cruisers. We easily found seats whether we were early or "late" - and never a line!
#8
Asheville
16,380 Posts
Joined May 2007
i go early and try for the front row. hate the back as it is colder there.

fronti see everything.. if i want to see ashow i try to go around 915 or so..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Robin
#9
Edinburgh
10,412 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Originally posted by Ithikan
Our favorite seats on the Journey were at one of the 3 tall tables at the back, stage right. Perfect view of the dancers, singers, and fellow cruisers. We easily found seats whether we were early or "late" - and never a line!
Yes great spot that one. My personal preference is in the raised section or certainly towards the back of the lower section. Others I know rush for the front row but that is too close for me.

I have never had any issues with the temperature at the back but then I have never found anywhere on the ship cold, maybe because my take on cold is very different to those from warmer climes!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
536 days onboard Celebrity and Azamara 2000-2017 and 102 more days booked plus one river cruise