CELEBRITY REFLECTION March 16, 2013 Anyone?

OdysseyE

• 2 weeks later...
I and a close friend of mine have booked to Veranda cabins for March 16th sailing. We both live in NYC, each single (currently) and in our 40's. Any other LGBT passengers booked on this cruise? :cool:

My partner Jim and I will be on board. The Martini Bar is where we'll be hanging out in the evenings.

Hey guys

2 more aboard from NYC. 10th cruise overall but have not been on Celebrity for a long time so looking forward to it and meeting you all! Should we plan a get together on the ship, perhaps the 2nd night?

Zach and Andrew

Hey guys

2 more aboard from NYC. 10th cruise overall but have not been on Celebrity for a long time so looking forward to it and meeting you all! Should we plan a get together on the ship, perhaps the 2nd night?

Zach and Andrew

Hey Zack & Andrew

That sounds like a great idea. I am totally new to cruising and would love to meet people who have cruised often and listen to how they spend their time beyond eating, drinking and relaxing. Of course I have heard plenty from my friend and travel companion Steven (cc username SLP123 he mostly confines himself to the Celebrity/HAL/Azamara boards and roll calls) who has been cruising once or twice a year since he first sailed on the Mayflower . . . ooops I mean since he first "sailed" (he says I can't use "cruised' because his first 3 trips on a ship were with his grandmother on the QE2 on trans-Atlantic crossings in 1969, 1970 and 1971. Picky picky. I just like to give him a hard time...

Do you want to suggest a time and place?

Anyone interested in a private St. Maarten tour? We have visited twice before and used Joyce Prince. She is an amazing woman. Thinking of doing two or three different beached, lunch somewhere, some sightseeing and some shopping at the end. Open to suggestions. Joyce normally charges $375 for a full day tour for four persons, but since we are old friends (over 12 years) she is offering it to us for $300, or $75 per person. http://www.joyceprince.com/index.html

Proposing a meet and greet get together for "friends of Dorothy/People Under the Rainbow at the Martini Bar at 630 on the second night, first sea day. If the time is not good we can change it. Just let me know what people prefer. We can post it once we get aboard.

Proposing a meet and greet get together for "friends of Dorothy/People Under the Rainbow at the Martini Bar at 630 on the second night, first sea day. If the time is not good we can change it. Just let me know what people prefer. We can post it once we get aboard.

Sounds good for us. We are 2nd seating in MDR. So assuming 630 really means 7 as we have to dress for dinner that night (and I will although I refuse to where a Tux in the Caribbean), we look forward to meeting you there.

I will talk to Steven about St. Martin excursion when I see him tomorrow at his cocktail party. I will get back to you on it by Sunday. I have never been there but I believe Steven has been there 2 or 3 times as he has a friend or business associate who owns a home there (on the French side). What's shopping like in St. Martin?

Mike

We've been to St Maarten several times on cruises and have stayed on the Island for a week on vacation, so we aren't interested in doing a tour. I am traveling with a business group and there are a lot of meetings scheduled for days at sea, as well as doing dining as a group at 8:30, but meeting everybody at an FOD sounds great. We'll look for the posting for time/location on the Community Board.

David (and Larry, too)

Anyone interested in a private St. Maarten tour? We have visited twice before and used Joyce Prince. She is an amazing woman. Thinking of doing two or three different beached, lunch somewhere, some sightseeing and some shopping at the end. Open to suggestions. Joyce normally charges $375 for a full day tour for four persons, but since we are old friends (over 12 years) she is offering it to us for $300, or $75 per person. http://www.joyceprince.com/index.html

As I suspected, Steven has made plans for us on St. Martin. I look forward to meeting everyone for cocktails on our 2nd night at sea.

Mike

Jim and I will do our best. Travelling with friends who have a baby, so not sure of dinner plans that night, but we spend a LOT of time in the Martini Bar, so I'm sure we'll meet up at some time.

By the way, the ship normally posts the time for an FOD meeting on the board near the front desk. They hold it at the Molecular Bar, which serves fancy-schmancy, fruity cocktails, but WON'T make you a regular Vodka Martini. So we'll need to make sure we pick up any stragglers there too. Ha ha...

Well it is hard to believe that in just 9 days we will be boarding our ship. I am so excited about my first cruise I have a hard time focusing on work. I would have thought Steven, with the 40+ cruises he has experienced, would be rather calm and nonchalant. But when I stopped by house last night, I could see nothing was further from the truth. I suppose that's why he gets on a ship at least once or twice a year. Do you all have the same enthusiasm for it, even after a number of cruises?

I and a close friend of mine have booked to Veranda cabins for March 16th sailing. We both live in NYC, each single (currently) and in our 40's. Any other LGBT passengers booked on this cruise? :cool:

We look forward to sailing and meeting - on our last cruise on the Eclipse (Dec 29, 2012-Jan 12, 2013) they held the FOD at 7PM at the Martini Bar, so it was well mixed (no pun intended!).

We would be interested in the St Maartin excursion that Zach proposed if it is still available.

Cheers,

Bob & Walter

Hello Zach - we've been to St. Maarten several times - but your suggestion is excellent - and we would be interested in joining if there is still room - and as you said, it's a bargain!

We live in Miami, but just gave up our NYC apt. in Nov. - have lived in both places for 42 years! Walter just retired as a Director of the American Kennel Club this past year - so now we can cruise more!

Looking forward to hearing from you - and meeting you on board.

Cheers, Bob & Walter

Hi Bob and Walter

Welcome aboard! I have inquired whether the private guide is still available. We were thinking of going to Cupecoy beach, perhaps a second beach to snorkel, and to a nice seafood restaurant by the water. What are you interested in doing?

I will let you know when I hear back from Joyce.

Zach and Andrew

Hi Bob and Walter

Welcome aboard! I have inquired whether the private guide is still available. We were thinking of going to Cupecoy beach, perhaps a second beach to snorkel, and to a nice seafood restaurant by the water. What are you interested in doing?

Zach and Andrew

Hi - I appraised Walter with your plans and the truth is he (at 90) really isn't enamored with the idea of beaching it or snorkling, so many thanks but we are going to beg off and just take a cab/or jitney to the French side and go to our fav restaurant at the Marina Royale for lunch and a little shopping. Best regards! Bob

Hi Bob and Walter

Zach and Andrew

Hello All!

Jason & John from Tampa....

We were both free next week so decided to try the biggest (and, hopefully, best) Celebrity has to offer, so just booked on Tuesday! We will look forward to meeting everyone.

Happy travels to Miami! (you too, David & Larry. Sure the journey will be exhausting)!

Regards,

J & J

Hi Everyone ...

Welcome onboard to all the "newbies", and hello to all of you.

Just finishing up some business necessities ... bags are packed and ready to go. It's just a 45 minute drive to Port Miami tomorrow.

I hope we get me meet you all, so don't be shy. Our pic is here on the post, so if you see us be sure to say "hi". We'll look for everyone at the FOD, at wherever location is posted on the ship.

Safe travels ...

David & Larry

Archived