Please please please FIX the website !!!

florisdekort

Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest. I don't understand how a commercial company, stock listed at that, thinks that such a sheit product is a good business idea. The website was 10x better before the changes. Cabin availability, pricing, the ability to make a reservation, make payments, etc. etc. Whoever designed this "upgrade" should be fired. And for the record, the word "crappy" in the title really should have been a different word. It starts with an F.

Floris

Oh and P.S. Move the piano back to Mosaic and rehire the harpists.

I thought that person was fired LOL

I think we should all give up on this effort to get Azamara to fix a really broken shoreside experience.

No doubt they have heard us loud and clear. No doubt they aren't listening or it all would have been fixed ages ago.

There might be some folks who get so discouraged they decide not to book. Another great marketing strategy IMO.

Thankfully I do not interact with Azamara at all. I let my TA do it ( and he does not find it a pleasant experience -- phone rings and rings, staff not knowledgeable etc.) I am told TAs have a very hard time communicating with Azamara folks shoreside.

Good thing the on board experience is stellar!;)

Hello Azamara Website and Booking Engine Users -

I feel your frustration in dealing with a system that does not provide you with all the information that you expect and I'm sorry that I am unable to bring about an instant fix.

As I reported earlier, the previous (or "old") technology that was on the original booking engine will not be restored. As we move forward, we will slowly, but surely replace the technology with new and updated technology and as a result the various applications will therefore not be the same but improved. (I sense that many of you are 'rolling your eyes.')

Please keep in mind that this Booking Request Engine (BRE) is an interim process that will be replaced with a full booking engine sometime in April of 2014.

In the meantime, our reservation team can then take you through the process to complete your booking. Again, I'm sorry for the temporary inconvenience and frustration that you and others are experiencing.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

As I reported earlier, the previous (or "old") technology that was on the original booking engine will not be restored. As we move forward, we will slowly, but surely replace the technology with new and updated technology and as a result the various applications will therefore not be the same but improved. (I sense that many of you are 'rolling your eyes.')

I sincerely hope that when let's say some engine parts of Quest or Journey need replacing, you don't remove the old parts ('technology') 6 months before the new parts arrive.

Floris

It is ludicrous that it takes so long, I'm sure if it was the payment system it would be attended to post-haste. I love the on board experience and have 4 cruises booked for next year but the various admin issues take the shine off the whole experience.

It is ludicrous that it takes so long, I'm sure if it was the payment system it would be attended to post-haste. I love the on board experience and have 4 cruises booked for next year but the various admin issues take the shine off the whole experience.

The payment system via the web site is broken as well. I tried to pay a high four digit sum (in sterling) for our upcoming cruise in march, and there isn't any obvious route to do so. The option to make payments used to reside within the booking details which aren't now available. Ive resorted to contacting the UK sales team by email. Frustrating and totally bonkers from a commercial stance.

David

Edited by 150edmiston

Hello Azamara Website and Booking Engine Users -

I feel your frustration in dealing with a system that does not provide you with all the information that you expect and I'm sorry that I am unable to bring about an instant fix.

Please keep in mind that this Booking Request Engine (BRE) is an interim process that will be replaced with a full booking engine sometime in April of 2014.

In the meantime, our reservation team can then take you through the process to complete your booking. Again, I'm sorry for the temporary inconvenience and frustration that you and others are experiencing.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill,

I am totally locked out of my reservation. Cannot do online check-in, cannot do shore excursions, cannot sign up for Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle. This is my first experience with Azamara and being locked out of my reservation is not an experience I'd want to repeat.

We are on Quest for the 18 February, 2014 sailing. The last name is Wilder.

If you can get the IT people to fix it and need my reservation number my email is kelliepoodle@yahoo.com

Bill,

I am totally locked out of my reservation. Cannot do online check-in, cannot do shore excursions, cannot sign up for Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle. This is my first experience with Azamara and being locked out of my reservation is not an experience I'd want to repeat.

If you can get the IT people to fix it and need my reservation number my email is kelliepoodle@yahoo.com

I have been trying for 3 weeks doing what you are doing We are sailing Dec9th out of Hongkong. Finally called AZ and they said just bring a copy of your booking to the pier Hope it works very frustrating

Yes, we all complain about the Azamara website.....and UK customers have been doing it for years, as we know, but to release a "new" booking engine that has practically no functionality and tell us it is "improved" but that we have to wait until next April for the full version.....well that is just business disaster! No excuses this time Bill....it just isn't good enough. And you were correct about the "rolling of eyes"!

Like everyone else, I can't access my booking either and I really don't see why I should have to phone the also generally now clueless Azamara UK office to check up on things that I used to be able to do easily online.....even with the previous lacklustre version of the Azamara website. Annoying and frustrating YES! My recent Cunard cruise booking was on my Cruise Personaliser within four hours and the Cunard website is so easy to navigate and looks very professional. A world away from the IT disaster that is Azamara UK website. As the OP said.....please FIX IT NOW.

When will Azamara shoreside ever get it right?

Bill,

Hello Janet -

It seems that we have had an issue with a handful of reservations that are "locked" and guests are not able to check-in, book land excursions since their reservations are locked. Reservations is asking that you or your travel agent send us a message to Le Club Voyage with your booking number and phone number and best time to call and we will review their record to see how we can help. Here is the Le Club Voyage email address: Leclubvoyage@azamaraclubcruises.com.

Hopefully, we might be in a position to resolve your booking problem.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Janet -

It seems that we have had an issue with a handful of reservations that are "locked" and guests are not able to check-in, book land excursions since their reservations are locked. Reservations is asking that you or your travel agent send us a message to Le Club Voyage with your booking number and phone number and best time to call and we will review their record to see how we can help. Here is the Le Club Voyage email address: Leclubvoyage@azamaraclubcruises.com.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Dear Bill,

I was going to contact you, then I saw your recommendation to email Azamara to other posters about being locked out of our reservation. I have been trying in vain, since booking about a week ago, to access our reservation. I just get a message in red saying, "we are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later". Don´t know whether that is what others get also.

Anyway, many thanks just hope that works, :).

Hapicruisin

Hello Janet -

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill,

I sent them an email. Let's hope they can resolve the problem.

Dear Bill,

I was going to contact you, then I saw your recommendation to email Azamara to other posters about being locked out of our reservation. I have been trying in vain, since booking about a week ago, to access our reservation. I just get a message in red saying, "we are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later". Don´t know whether that is what others get also.

Anyway, many thanks just hope that works, :).

Hapicruisin

That is one of the messages I get. I booked on 11/22. I feel your frustration.:(

This was the response to the email I sent last weekend:

<<<<Dear Ms. ____:

Thank you for your inquiry. I appreciate the opportunity to assist with

your request.

I apologize for the difficulties you have had on our website.

Unfortunately, we are experiencing "IT" issues, as you may know, which seem to be affecting everything you mentioned you had tried to do. I was unable to register you for the Meet and Mingle party, enter your shore excursion area or start your on-line check-in.

We hope these problems will be resolved shortly. We can, however, if you wish, reserve your shore excursions for you if you would like to call us. You may look at the shore excursions available for your voyage in the "Plan Your Voyage" section of our website, subsection "Book Land Discoveries". On the page that comes up, if you go down to where you see "Download the Land Discoveries Brochure for Your Voyage", you will see details of all the shore excursions for your sailing. I apologize again for any inconvenience this causes.

I thank you for taking the time to write to us and I hope this is helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Azamara Quest.

Sincerely,

XXXXX>>>

This was my response to the email:

<<Dear Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. Unfortunately, I still find the situation unacceptable.

Neither you nor I can register us for the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle. I am aware of several other couples taking this cruise who are members of Cruise Critic who also have locked reservations and can't sign up. The total number of guests signed up is 12 and 25 will be needed for the party, yet we will not get to that number because we are unable to sign up. This is a problem.

Azamara needs to set up a manual method of registration for the Meet and Mingle. I would be happy to post this manual method on the roll call for this cruise.

I can handle telephoning my choices for shore excursions and I already have some picked out. What I am extremely concerned about is on-line check in. If I can't check in prior to the sail date:

1) do I have to wait in an interminable line prior to boarding because I don't have my paperwork?

2) Will I have to wait until I reach the pier to get my luggage tags?

3) How will I see my charges for shore excursions?

4) My son is planning to purchase us a dinner for two in a specialty restaurant ($50 applied to our On-board credit account) How do I see that it did get applied?

I have worked in industries where computers were an integral part of doing business. When our internal IT department could not fix a problem, we hired an outside consultant. You might consider the money spent on fixing this problem as goodwill towards your guests who are becoming increasingly frustrated.

Thank you for your time and consideration.>>>