Limon river rafting

vino100

• 2 weeks later...
We did a rafting excursion through Celebrity two years ago. It was probably one of our favorite excursions we've ever done.

Thank you for the positive review. I'm looking forward to rafting down the river in April. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for the positive review. I'm looking forward to rafting down the river in April. :D

After your excursion in April, could you please come back to this thread and let us know how it was? We would like to do this as well when we are there in Jan 2017.

Enjoy your cruise!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

yes, we did the white water rafting. Out of the 3 excursions we did thru the Coral, that was our favorite. It was very organized. We started off like any ship excursion, at a meeting place. Then off the ship with our group to a nice air conditioned coach bus(there were 2 bus loads)

The ride was about 1 1/2 hrs each way and the very informative guide gave a nice narrative along the way. Before being dropped off by the river, we stopped at their home base which I felt was a very nice facility with clean bathrooms, changing rooms and showers. It had lots of seating as this was the place we were going to be brought back to for lunch.

This was our first time doing white water rafting, so it was perfect for us. If you've done it before and looking for big action, this may be a little too mild. The bulk of the adventure on the calm waters was splashing water at the other rafts. The "biggest" rapid is near the beginning and it seemed to get smaller/less wild down river.

Along the way the guide gave us direction. We enjoyed the scenery. We saw herons and other birds. Got lucky and saw howler monkeys in the trees.

Lunch was simple, but filling and tasty; salad, rice, beans, chicken, spaghetti, fried plantains and little round coconut ball thing for dessert. They offered water, ice tea, coffee/tea and punch. There was a bar you can purchase alcohol.

The raft guides were awesome. I didn't think they were pushy with tips like other excursions and tours we've been on. Just did a great job, so we made sure to find our guide at lunch to express our gratitude.

Have fun if you go!

• Like 1