Fort Lauderdale to Miami cruise port - taxi (Uber) or hire car?

little britain

I'm flying into FLL (it was much cheaper than flying into MIA) but my cruise leaves from Miami.

I will be hiring a car for a few days (Sawgrass shopping!!) but wondered whether to keep the car and drive down to Miami and drop it off at the port (is there a company at the port) or whether to drop the car back in FLL and then Uber or shared shuttle down.

Solo traveller.

Suggestions welcomed! TIA.

Uber FLL to POM should be close to $36+tip. Since you are already renting the car I would check to see if there are any extra charges for dropping it in Miami. Uber from downtown rental lots to POM us under $10 and ever from MIA airport is about $20

We used Uber from FLL to our hotel in Miami for under $40. We used jiffy Jeff for return from port to FLL for $60 plus driver tip and if I had it to do over again I would not do jiffy again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only hotels out near the MIA airport offer "free" shuttles to POM - not exactly an attractive area to stay. You can use Uber/Lyft to get from FLL to your downtown Miami hotel (lots of dining/nightlife options) and then cab/Uber to POM the next morning. Or stay in the FLL area (http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info) and then shuttle/Uber to POM the morning of your cruise. Your call! Have a great cruise! :cool: