Quebec City hotels. Hotel 71 vs Marriott

Kugel

I have stayed at the Hotel 71 in Old Quebec lower city and it was lovely. Next October the rate is $251 per night while the Marriott downtown 1.4 KM away is $150 per night. Is the Marriott in the middle of everything the way Hotel 71 is. Does anyone know.

thank you in advance

I have stayed at the Hotel 71 in Old Quebec lower city and it was lovely. Next October the rate is $251 per night while the Marriott downtown 1.4 KM away is $150 per night. Is the Marriott in the middle of everything the way Hotel 71 is. Does anyone know.

thank you in advance

Both properties are in the middle of the action, but in different parts of the city.

Hotel 71 is an easy 5-minute walk to the cruise terminal, in Lower Town. The Marriott is in Upper Town, just outside the city walls but literally facing one of the main gates, so convenient for exploring. However, you would need to take a taxi to the cruise port - shouldn't be too expensive considering the short distance.

I'd probably save the money and stay at the Marriott.

Both properties are in the middle of the action, but in different parts of the city.

Hotel 71 is an easy 5-minute walk to the cruise terminal, in Lower Town. The Marriott is in Upper Town, just outside the city walls but literally facing one of the main gates, so convenient for exploring. However, you would need to take a taxi to the cruise port - shouldn't be too expensive considering the short distance.

I'd probably save the money and stay at the Marriott.

I agree. The Marriott is right at Place d'Youville and very convenient to the Upper Town. No need to stay inside the walls, especially if the price is right.