sunday in bora bora

pooga

Since we will be in Bora Bora on a Sunday...I have been reading the threads that most things are closed:mad:

What do you suggest we do...rent a car (if they are open) or ????

Is Bloody Mary's open???

We just got off the ship yesterday and had Bora Bora stop on a Sunday. There will be a few shops opened near the pier. Bloody Mary's is closed on Sunday. We were there on SUPER BOWL Sunday so Bloody Mary's was opened and catered to those wanting to see the game. MY husband and son are Steeler fan's so they had a wonderful time spending the day there. They heard the game in French! I went on ship's exursion (my only one booked through the ship) and loved it. It was the land safari with Tupuna tours. They only deal with Princess and can't book independantly. We had a wonderful guide and the sites and scenes were amazing. I highly recommend this tour especially if you are there on a Sunday and wondering what to do. You won't be sorry!!!

Forgot a few things --

Remember things are very small so open or closed there is not much right in the area where the tender lets you off - comparable to what we would say is two-three blocks.

Talked to someone that got off early ( as we got there early since we did not get to Rarotonga) and went to the local church and saw the service - said it was really neat to see the locals - wish I had thought of that. Guess they still dress for church as I did many years ago!!

All the shops were open the first day when I got off about noon Sunday for my 2:00pm helmet dive.

Bloody Mary's is neat to see, but it won't be that big of thing if it is closed, it was a big thing when I was there as it was Super Bowl day. But don't worry about it. Just go to your favorite bar and ask them to replace the floor with sand! HA!

We were on the same cruise as Mary Kay and cruisesoon so BM's was open on Sunday for the Super Bowl. However, I don't think it every is open on Sunday otherwise. Just save that for Monday - it's definitely worth stopping in for a drink and/or lunch.

We rented a car since we had the whole day on Sunday (due to missing Rarotonga). But, if you have a half day and don't want to do a tour there is a shuttle (le truck) to Matira Beach for only $3 US per person each way - the best beach on the island mainland.

Great ideas, thanks. We plan to rent a car the first day which is Saturday so we can check all the sites and Bloody Mary's. I just don't want to miss out on the lagoon or Motu stuff. Maybe we can spend some time at Matira Beach while out on our own. Can you go snorkeling at that beach? We have our own gear.

Church on Sunday sounds kind of neat, we may need to check that out. We went to a service in San Juan when we were there last year.

Thanks again for the help.

Great ideas' date=' thanks. We plan to rent a car the first day which is Saturday so we can check all the sites and Bloody Mary's. I just don't want to miss out on the lagoon or Motu stuff. Maybe we can spend some time at Matira Beach while out on our own. Can you go snorkeling at that beach? We have our own gear.

Church on Sunday sounds kind of neat, we may need to check that out. We went to a service in San Juan when we were there last year.

Thanks again for the help.[/quote']

We were there earlier this month and I highly recommend the Lagoonarium. It is a wonderful snorkling experience. DH and I think the only excursion better was the Motu Picnic and Ray Feeding which including some of the best snorkling we had. Also the Bora-Bora Intercontinental Beach Hotel has a beautiful coral reef right off their beach, it is open to the public and you can get there for $3.00USD on a shuttle. No matter what you do you will have a marvelous time there. Guaranteed!

Trisha

• 2 weeks later...

Archived