pierces -- roles of film

Not Dave, but you can buy 35mm film at B&H. According to Google, Costco, WalMart, Target, Walgreens, Sam's, and CVS (at a minimum) can develop it, just probably not on site anymore.

You can get a variety of film at Freestyle in Los Angeles.

freestylephoto.biz

It is where I get my large format supplies.

Processing is a bit more of a task. North Coast Photographic is an outfit that I have used.

http://www.northcoastphoto.com/

They do good work and provide quality scans, for those without a darkroom to complete the project...

For the past few years I have done a lot of travel photography with 35mm color film and had the resulting images scanned. It is so easy that it just does not seem right. But the results are very good. I am not much of a look at my pictures on a computer type. I prefer to make prints and hang them on the wall. The quality of images from modern film and a good scan is very good.

Tom

Hi Dave

Neighbor and I were talking the other day about old cameras.

Do you know of any place (on line) where you can buy the old "rolls of film"? And if so, can that place develop the film?

Thank you

Yonnie

Looks like this forum isn't short on good advice! I don't have much to add to the great answers you already have. To be honest, I haven't bought a roll of film since December 2000 and after the camera failure that drove me to digital, I haven't exposed a frame of film since and have no desire to do so. Film has maintained a following even with most of the sources drying up as manufacturers close down plants and discontinue most of their product lines. It seems to be experiencing a small resurgence as a novelty and a small, remainder of Kodak's once vast manufacturing capability is bringing back Ektachrome slide film for movie and 35mm film cameras.

I did some research a while ago for my granddaughter who was fascinated by the "old timey" camera process and found the resource below. It is a pretty good how-to site with links to a lot of film resources.

http://istillshootfilm.org/

Dave

Guest I am the Onion

Film, including slide and 110, can be sent to TheDarkroom.com

Film can be purchased at FilmPhotographyProject.com.

also: Lomography, B&H, Adorama.