Bermuda Weather in May?

PinkSandGirl

Hi! I have always been to Bermuda in July or August which have brought sunny, hot days. :) (my preference for a cruise)

I know weather can change but on average, what's the weather you have experienced mid-to late May while sailing to Bermuda from NJ/NY?

1. Is it usually warm enough to use outdoor pools? Is the outdoor pool temperature warm enough to swim?

2. Bermuda weather?

3. Bermuda ocean temperature? Is it warm enough to go in?

~ I have read that Bermudians tend to take their first dip in the ocean towards the end of May. On average, May is the driest month as well.

Thanks for any information you can provide. =)

We just went on a cruise to Bermuda May 25-June 1 and the weather was amazing! 80 degrees when we left Boston and 80s in Bermuda. Water temp was a little chilly but we all went in!! Have a great time!

We've cruised to Bermuda on numerous occasions in May out of Boston.........usually around the third week. The past two times the weather was iffy, and the water in Bermuda is still quite chilly. We much prefer to go in September. It's really hit or miss. But I can honestly say we have only once had to depart Bermuda a day early once in all the times we've sailed in September due to a storm.

We just went on a cruise to Bermuda May 25-June 1 and the weather was amazing! 80 degrees when we left Boston and 80s in Bermuda. Water temp was a little chilly but we all went in!! Have a great time!

That sounds like perfect weather. ;)

We've cruised to Bermuda on numerous occasions in May out of Boston.........usually around the third week. The past two times the weather was iffy, and the water in Bermuda is still quite chilly. We much prefer to go in September. It's really hit or miss. But I can honestly say we have only once had to depart Bermuda a day early once in all the times we've sailed in September due to a storm.

Thank you.

I sailed to Bermuda May 20-27 out of Bayonne, NJ. It was 80 when I left NJ and finally not raining. The 3 days in Bermuda (May 23,24 & 25) were absolutely gorgeous. The temp was in the high 70's low 80's without the humidity you have in July & August. The water temp at the beach wasn't too cold at all. I would go again at the end of May in a heartbeat. Also hardly any kids on the ship at that time. I have also gone to Bermuda in September and had iffy weather. Not very sunny and plenty of heavy rain/wind storms in the afternoon.

I sailed to Bermuda May 20-27 out of Bayonne, NJ. It was 80 when I left NJ and finally not raining. The 3 days in Bermuda (May 23,24 & 25) were absolutely gorgeous. The temp was in the high 70's low 80's without the humidity you have in July & August. The water temp at the beach wasn't too cold at all. I would go again at the end of May in a heartbeat. Also hardly any kids on the ship at that time. I have also gone to Bermuda in September and had iffy weather. Not very sunny and plenty of heavy rain/wind storms in the afternoon.

That sounds perfect! :) Thank you for the information.

As a counterpoint I found the water temperature in May too cool for me. I won't go in May again if I am planning on beach time. Second week of June is the earliest for me.There is a variation among individuals on water temp tolerance. People from New England also seem to have a higher tolerance for lower water temps. Also there may be differences from year to year. I read that water temperatures were higher than usual this year.

• 3 weeks later...
As a counterpoint I found the water temperature in May too cool for me. I won't go in May again if I am planning on beach time. Second week of June is the earliest for me.There is a variation among individuals on water temp tolerance. People from New England also seem to have a higher tolerance for lower water temps. Also there may be differences from year to year. I read that water temperatures were higher than usual this year.

It seems May can go either way. I have read that May is when Bermudians start to go in the water. I agree, everyone's idea of what is tolerable does differ. For only ever being there in July or August, we never had to worry about the water not being warm enough. I love going in the water, so deciding on whether or not May is a good time...??? Decisions, decisions ;)

How are the outdoor pools on the ship during that time? I imagine May can be iffy leaving from NJ. There are years when it's as hot as can be and then year's when we're still wearing jeans and jackets. At Sea Days for me are spent by the pool, being out on deck. Is it usually warm enough to swim outside I wonder?

Totally agree with this assessment after cruising there 8 times.