Boston Post Cruise Flight Time

Gr8scotty

We are considering a 11:00 AM flight out of Boston Logan airport with our cruise returning to port at 7:00 AM on a Sunday morning this upcoming September. I see that the airport is close to the cruise terminal but would like to feedback from anyone with experience as this will be our first visit to Boston. Should we look to later flights? :confused:

Edited by Gr8scotty

We are considering a 11:00 AM flight out of Boston Logan airport with our cruise returning to port at 7:00 AM on a Sunday morning this upcoming September. I see that the airport is close to the cruise terminal but would like to feedback from anyone with experience as this will be our first visit to Boston. Should we look to later flights? :confused:

Boston Logan is just across the wharf from where the cruise ships dock at Black Falcon Cruise Terminal.

By cab without traffic it takes between 10 to 15 minutes and will run you about $20 with tip.

Jonathan

Thanks for the info, my gut feeling tells me that the 11:00 AM time is doable, but wanted to hear back from those in the know. We have no issues with self dissembarkation or a cab ride to the airport so may give it a shot.

Is this time estimate by taking the tunnel that runs under the harbor?

Yes - the Ted Williams Tunnel

10-15 minutes to Logan is a fair estimate on a Sunday morning. If traffic sees to be backed up, have the cab drop you on the arrivals level and take your bags upstairs by elevator to the departure level.

Yes - the Ted Williams Tunnel

10-15 minutes to Logan is a fair estimate on a Sunday morning. If traffic sees to be backed up, have the cab drop you on the arrivals level and take your bags upstairs by elevator to the departure level.

138east thanks for the tip, any thoughts on the 11:00 AM flight time?

138east thanks for the tip, any thoughts on the 11:00 AM flight time?

I think you're just fine. I'm actually on your cruise I think - Serenade Sep 23. After all these years cruising I'm excited to finally be setting sail from Boston!

Did you register on the roll call for the Meet and Mingle?

I think you're just fine. I'm actually on your cruise I think - Serenade Sep 23. After all these years cruising I'm excited to finally be setting sail from Boston!

Carol, you are going to be spoiled by homeport cruising [emoji3].

Carol, you are going to be spoiled by homeport cruising [emoji3].

It will be a totally new experience for me. Virtually no precruise expenses - less than $10 and maybe less than $5 to go round trip to the port. Minimal travel time. I'm actually looking at a Canada cruise for next year. It's too bad RCL has such a limited season in Boston, but the convenience could grow on me.

Yes, we are on that cruise! We have taken many years off from cruising with our last cruise of any length being to Bemuda and just loved it. We're really looking forward to our return and I will register for the meet and mingle right away.

Thanks again for all of the great info and see you in Bermuda!

So they moved my planned 11:00 flight up to 10:50 AM and my 2nd choice that was originally at 12:30 back to 12:45 PM and tacked on an additional $120 per ticket for the later flight. Grrrrrr..... shame on me for not pulling the trigger sooner.

So they moved my planned 11:00 flight up to 10:50 AM and my 2nd choice that was originally at 12:30 back to 12:45 PM and tacked on an additional $120 per ticket for the later flight. Grrrrrr..... shame on me for not pulling the trigger sooner.

10:50 is fine. What airline? Some Logan Terminals are better than others.

Delta is in terminal A. Not my favorite because Delta has a bunch of gates in Outer Slobovia, so you may have to allow extra time and be prepared for a hike. In May I arrived at midnight from Seattle at one of these gates. Not the highlight of my trip.

You will be OK regardless.

With the change in flight time, Delta might allow you to swap to the later flight fee-free, if you are interested. Tell them you can't make the earlier flight now, since you're coming into Boston from elsewhere (you don't have to be specific) and see if they flinch.