fun pre-cruise gifts for teens

I am cruising with three 16 year old girls next week. One is my daughter and the others are her best friends. Two have never cruised before. None are girly-girls. I wanted to do something fun and creative in the days leading up to the cruise to get them excited, but i am not a very creative person snd havr little time to plan much. Anyone have ideas for little gifts or other things i could do/buy? Kind of like secret santa gifts you do in the office during holidays...HELP!

I am cruising with three 16 year old girls next week. One is my daughter and the others are her best friends. Two have never cruised before. None are girly-girls. I wanted to do something fun and creative in the days leading up to the cruise to get them excited, but i am not a very creative person snd havr little time to plan much. Anyone have ideas for little gifts or other things i could do/buy? Kind of like secret santa gifts you do in the office during holidays...HELP!

My mom bought me and my sister ID card holders, they were really cute. Mine was black and silver beads, I wore it everywhere (even on formal night) and it held my sign and sail card!!

That same cruise my mom got us towel clips, my sisters was flamingos, i had the fish and my mom got the dolphin!

umm... as a joke my best friends mom bough us "tiaras", we wore them one night to dinner and the show. For the next couple days people would stop us and say "hey arnt, you the princess!" It was really funny!

My older daughter helped me plan and decorate our cabin doors. We just bought a couple of packs of Luau type decorations from the dollar store and put them on the door with poster putty. My younger daughter (18) and niece (16) liked it when they saw the doors!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

For Easter, I gave them all cruise related stuff in their "baskets" (i.e. tote bags). I put suntan lotion, nail polish, drink cups, beach towel, flip flops, etc.)

I also had chocolate covered strawberries waiting in their room on embarkation. They were pretty reasonable cost, I thought.

Maggie

For 16 year olds:

• Cool lanyards for their S&S cards
  • Cute flip flops
  • Small amount ($25 may be the smallest available?) cruise cash
  • Island-y ankle bracelets
  • Sunglasses
  • Cool nail polish -- DelSol (and others) even make the kind that changes color in the sun
  • Small tropical pictrue frame for one of their cruise pictures-to-be -- I have seen these for as little as $4 atRoss, Kohl's, & Marshall's. Bealls (check online if you don't have one) even has some that are free-standing and have a clip for the pictrue that are super cute.
  • Small photo album or scrapbook
  • Tropical tervis tumbler

Just a few ideas -- have fun!!:D

Cash in $1 dollar bills with a copy of the room service Menu. I usually give my teenage son $10 in ones. Sometimes teens don't understand tipping - nice way to introduce them to the treat and for them to have change.

Flashlight, alarm clock, --- I agree with other suggestions...

What ship are you sailing?

I just purchased the beach tote and towel from Bon Voyage for $25 for the 2 16 yo girls going with us. Other ideas would be lanyards (or get them beads to make their own...we have done that), sunglasses, flip flops, suntan lotion, itunes money (to listen to the latest songs on their ipod as they lay out), teen magazines, fun colored nail polish, Theatre Box Candies, water bottle, card game, mints, gum, underwater disposable camera....that's all I can think of at the moment:D.

beach ball, towels, Insulated mug(a must), Snorkel mask and mouth piece... For fun on any beach excursion you are doing....

Theres always the...

glow in the florencent light nail polish

flip flops with jewels for them to design their own

Munchie bag

hair ties / bands

visor / hats

bag of the trial size ...lotion, sun screen, deodorant, +++

If you have the time and extra money, schedule mani/pedis for the 4 of you a day or two before you leave. A lot of places run specials for $25-$35 if you get both. It's not too "girly" and, since their hands and feet will be exposed a lot during the cruise, they may appreciate it.

My 13 yr old DD is already asking me if we can get ours done like we did last year.

I gave journals with cool gel pens as gifts for Christmas before one of our family cruises.

Below is the link to the ones I used - I like that there are questions to answer and lines to fill in. No need to be creative to document the trip! ;)

I got them through Amazon - but I see that these are currently not available. Maybe there is something similar out there...somewhere.

http://journalsunlimited.com/shop/cruisin-a-cruise-journal/

It is my understanding, some of Carnival teen clubs have a glow in the dark party. I would suggest getting sunglasses, earring, etc. Small glow items! ;)

I was going to suggest those glow necklaces too. That and door decorations(don't forget magnets!)

Sounds like a lot of fun, the girls are going to love it.

All the ideas are great, especially decorating the room door, the loose dollars and room service menu, and the glow in the dark sunglasses, necklaces, etc. Also, maybe some games or so to play in the room at night.

Archived