Question about Red to Gold Level

fozzy1975

Just booked for July 2019! UGH that's a long time lol but hey at least I have something planned and can look forward to right! I have 23 nights on carnival as of today and I think gold is 25 nights. Will I get a gold card when I board in July or will it still be red until I sail again. There really are no benefits except a free drink, but gold is gold :) Thanks!!

I remember a few years ago when my Hubby was on the cusp of moving to Gold. The Carnival website indicates that you move up to the new level at the END of the cruise. On our 7 day cruise, Hubby would have reached Gold on about day 5. He was so excited to get that Gold card upon embarkation. Of course I kept joking and telling him that it was clearly a mistake and that I was gonna take his card to Guest Services and demand that he be issued a Red card for the first 5 days until he really EARNED Gold status. It gave us a lot of chuckles that week.

Do kids get anything extra when they turn gold. My great grand son will be turing gold on his next cruise. Just curious. Thanks

Nothing extra that any gold member doesn't receive.

In theory, he should get the free drink coupon for the last night of the cruise that he can use for the non-alcoholic beverage of his choosing.

At platinum, they get a $5 arcade credit in lieu of the BOGO blackjack/slot tournament entry.... but that's a bit down the line.